Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Triangleaway? Can't unroot N7100 running Slimkat

Tip us?

sonofsmallface
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Triangleaway? Can't unroot N7100 running Slimkat

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, though I have read a lot of other threads on this site and just wanted to start by saying thank you to all the helpful people on here.

So, my issue is I have a Note 2 (N7100). I rooted it (using very useful guides from here) and installed the Slimkat custom ROM. I'm now selling the phone but the person interested in buying from me wants the original Samsung stock ROM (unrooted so that he can get the update currently rolling out).

I downloaded the correct official firmware (I'm in Thailand) from sammobile and I've tried using Odin just as instructed here and on many other sites. However it just won't work.
I select the md5 firmware file then and it does it's getting the PIT file and gets to the point where I just have to hit start. But when I do it says it failed and that I need an Odin supported file.

I suspect this is because of previous flashing. When I boot into download mode is says it has a binary count of 2 and that knox was tripped.
I read on here that I could use Triangleaway but that if I mess it up, it's goodbye phone. I know that you can't be held responsible etc etc but I would just like to know can I use Triangleaway on my phone (which is running SlimKat 4.4.2)? It says that you have to be using it with a compatible ROM.

If I use Triangleaway with my phone, following the instructions I've found on here... what are the chances that I'll end up totally permanently bricking my phone?
Provided that I don't do anything stupid and just follow step by step instructions, would it be ok? (yes, I know you can't be held responsible)
And would this solve the issue of Odin not being able to flash the file that seems to work for everyone else?

mephike
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default somewada

If you have better bootlader, than mj5, then tringleaway is not working. about knox. if knox varranty 1 the jor varranty is over
if bootlader mj5 then download original rom www.sammobile.com

Androidwizzard
Old
(Last edited by Androidwizzard; 15th May 2014 at 03:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 568
Knox counter says warranty void 0x1 then forget about MJ5. You must have tripped with a bootloader above MJ5 therefore no downgrade.

You got to go for the newest firmware to get stock again, even (maybe) got to try indian 4.4.2 AND unrooted status will stay custom, so OTA won't work.
Seems that you pay the price for unconscious or careless flashing. Sad to state this...
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
All time best ROMs: Dr. Ketan
My Stock Roms and Bootloaders
XPERIAMENT Z3: Alpha released