Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,492 Members 52,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

"Camera has failed" Error + Possible Solutions

Tip us?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3325

DONATE TO ME
That could very well be the case. I had similar experience with a Prior version of ShopKick and QR Code Reader.

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
This thread just helped me big time. I'm on a 32GB Nexus 5 using Cerebrus to capture a picture when the password is incorrectly entered once.

I'm gonna test a small work around regarding having the camera run less frequently by taking photos after 3 or 4 fails.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Proud owner of LG Google Nexus 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GenericAsianGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSidekick View Post
This thread just helped me big time. I'm on a 32GB Nexus 5 using Cerebrus to capture a picture when the password is incorrectly entered once.

I'm gonna test a small work around regarding having the camera run less frequently by taking photos after 3 or 4 fails.

Happy to hear!

Just following up: I haven't had any more camera failures after changing my wrong unlock threshold from 1 to 3 attempts (and also being more careful when entering my code).
You got B? You not Bsian, you Asian!

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5156

DONATE TO ME
@GenericAsianGuy and @TheLastSidekick, you guys should report the issue to the developer of Cerberus. Could be they dont even know about it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GenericAsianGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post
@GenericAsianGuy and @TheLastSidekick, you guys should report the issue to the developer of Cerberus. Could be they dont even know about it.

I've just emailed them with a link to this thread, I'll keep everyone updated as to what they say
The Following User Says Thank You to GenericAsianGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1914

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericAsianGuy View Post
I've just emailed them with a link to this thread, I'll keep everyone updated as to what they say
Changed my feedback on the store to explain the but without changing the 5 star rating. I'll email him when I get on my Linux Mint box.

Proud owner of LG Google Nexus 5.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheLastSidekick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GenericAsianGuy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 49
Luca has replied:

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. We received similar reports from other users with the North American version of the S3, unfortunately we haven't been able to identify exactly what is causing the bug, to fix it. We are not able to get the phone to do some tests ourselves, because we are based in Italy.

Perhaps you could tell other people in the thread to try this?
- Reboot the phone
- Send a "Take picture" command from the website, checking "Take picture immediately"
- If that locks the camera, send us a logcat to support@cerberusapp.com , otherwise issue other "Take picture" commands until the camera locks, and then send us the logcat
So please send logcats to support@cerberusapp.com

The Following User Says Thank You to GenericAsianGuy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
camera, connect, failed, fix, solution