Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SHARP INFOBAR C01: Rooting, Unlocking, Installing ROMs

Tip us?

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question SHARP INFOBAR C01: Rooting, Unlocking, Installing ROMs

I need some help with this, and seeing that people have worked on the Infobar A01/02 I would assume there's people here who can tackle this. I have no idea how you would go about Rooting or Unlocking a SHARP device, let alone a Japanese one and I don't see the C01 listed anywhere.
I'd also like to know how I would go about installing a ROM alongside the default one on here.

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokky View Post
I need some help with this, and seeing that people have worked on the Infobar A01/02 I would assume there's people here who can tackle this. I have no idea how you would go about Rooting or Unlocking a SHARP device, let alone a Japanese one and I don't see the C01 listed anywhere.
I'd also like to know how I would go about installing a ROM alongside the default one on here.
Anyone at all? The least I'd need to know is how to boot into recovery mode. I found one site that talks about the power and volume buttons at startup but nothing happens. I've gotten into recovery with a G1 but that's about it. Do I have to like inject my own recovery bootloader or something?

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Bumping, still no luck on finding a GingerBread 2.3.4 rooting option.
I'm trying to inject su and Superuser manually but I can't mount with the recovery menu, so I'm trying to install CWM but I need root to do that, but that gives me root to give myself root. l:L
I'm in a vicious cycle, pls send hepl im dyign
What's a universal root method for GingerBread 2.3.4?

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just found out you can't get a universal root for 2.3.4 and that you have to have a custom method. Ho how would you go about making a root method at all?

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I also think that the phone has a locked bootloader which would explain why I can't access the recovery menu options. I feel a bit silly, I suppose that's a large reason why some of this stuff isn't working at all. If anyone knows some Infobar bootloader stuff just feel free to post.

Sokky
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just found a thread about someone else trying to figure out all of the things I'm trying to figure out only it's not on an Infobar but another Sharp device on KDDI. I think they eventually found someone else had made a root, but I kinda didn't read the entire thread. Still wondering if anyone has already got a solution.