Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchless control volume problem on 4.4

Tip us?

vuphongkkk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default Touchless control volume problem on 4.4

I maximize the volume already but somehow the touchless control just turn down itself. I mean that it speaks too low that I can't hear. Sometimes it get lout but most of the time low

Sent from my XT1080 using xda app-developers app

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuphongkkk View Post
I maximize the volume already but somehow the touchless control just turn down itself. I mean that it speaks too low that I can't hear. Sometimes it get lout but most of the time low

Pretty sure it uses the ringer volume

Sent from my KitKat Ultra

vuphongkkk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
I don't make any change but the volume just change itself. Sometimes loud sometimes low . so annoying

s_u_n
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vuphongkkk View Post
I don't make any change but the volume just change itself. Sometimes loud sometimes low . so annoying

Seems it depends on how you put your phone to vibrate mode and what volume you have used before that.

http://4x.reddit.com/r/MotoX/comment...heir_phone_on/

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Just trying to figure out if the Droid Maxx has an easy way to setup profiles for home and office.

Office: Reduce volume for ringer Put in vibrate mode. This workaround is needed so that Touchless uses the lower volume setting when it responds to your commands.

Home: Raise volume up again for ringer.

doogald
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_u_n View Post
Just trying to figure out if the Droid Maxx has an easy way to setup profiles for home and office.

Office: Reduce volume for ringer Put in vibrate mode. This workaround is needed so that Touchless uses the lower volume setting when it responds to your commands.

Home: Raise volume up again for ringer.
There are some great apps that can do this easily based on location. Llama is probably the easiest I've used for this (and it is free).