Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Phone: Samgsun Galazy SIII
Model: SPH-I710
Carrier Sprint
Originally rooted 4.2 with ClockworkMod bootloader and SuperUser
Updated to 4.3 without issue.
Sometime in the past 6 months, lost root access, but wasn't needing it, so no biggie.
Today: Saw system update for android 4.4
ClockworkMod boot loader startup in the update process, and did as I always have, installing the unknown zip (which is su) and fixing root and boom.
Boot looped at the blue glowy samgsung screen.

I have tried wiping the cache's and now have even toasted my user data so I have to rebuild everything again ANYWAY, but that damn phone still won't boot!!!!
Where is (not through rapidgator bull****) the stock rom I need to ODIN transfer to get this paperweight to be a phone again?
thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
15th May 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 183

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedenRuiner

Phone: Samgsun Galazy SIII
Model: SPH-I710
Carrier Sprint
Originally rooted 4.2 with ClockworkMod bootloader and SuperUser
Updated to 4.3 without issue.
Sometime in the past 6 months, lost root access, but wasn't needing it, so no biggie.
Today: Saw system update for android 4.4
ClockworkMod boot loader startup in the update process, and did as I always have, installing the unknown zip (which is su) and fixing root and boom.
Boot looped at the blue glowy samgsung screen.

I have tried wiping the cache's and now have even toasted my user data so I have to rebuild everything again ANYWAY, but that damn phone still won't boot!!!!
Where is (not through rapidgator bull****) the stock rom I need to ODIN transfer to get this paperweight to be a phone again?
thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Seems strange that this happened. Since you have a custom recovery, the OTA should have failed. This will put you on 4.4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533 . If you are bootlooping, you could try to flash another rom. I would go with an MK3 zip though like the stock one, moar, wicked, project X...but make sure it is 4.3 (MK3).
15th May 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvpre

Seems strange that this happened. Since you have a custom recovery, the OTA should have failed. This will put you on 4.4: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738533 . If you are bootlooping, you could try to flash another rom. I would go with an MK3 zip though like the stock one, moar, wicked, project X...but make sure it is 4.3 (MK3).

I eventually found a 4.4.2 full stock ROM and was able to get that over. Of course this wasn't until after some sight suggested a wipe user data could help, so I'm re-building the phone from the base...*sigh* It happens. I'm about due for an upgrade anyway, so I can make due.

Thanks for the response,
J"SD"a'RR
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread