LiveView reverse-engineering effort

6th March 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #1041  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
A useful thing will be that the displayed information could be rotated 90 so we can use the standard clip to hold the LiveView in any 'wrist-strap' as the new Sony smartwatch 2 does, instead of the silly-breakable adapter.

With this mod the microUSB will be accesible ALL THE TIME!!! to charge it and the buttons will be in one side.
If you can choose clokwise or counterclockwise (if you want the buttons by your hand or by your wrist or for left-handed or right-handed) it will be superb!

Is it possible?
6th March 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #1042  

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottZ

except RMA and soldering in a new battery there is no way to fix a dead battery.

I had his problem after updating FW using sony software updater
7th April 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #1043  
Flag Rousse / Русе
Thanks Meter: 8

72 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbrody

Here is the APK. Note that because I signed it with my own key, you will not be able to upgrade your OpenLiveView installation. You will have to uninstall OpenLiveView and re-install.

John

Does this version fix the frequently disconnections ?
Thanks for the erviving the theme
8th April 2014, 09:20 AM   |  #1044  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 110

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daolcer

A useful thing will be that the displayed information could be rotated 90 so we can use the standard clip to hold the LiveView in any 'wrist-strap' as the new Sony smartwatch 2 does, instead of the silly-breakable adapter.

With this mod the microUSB will be accesible ALL THE TIME!!! to charge it and the buttons will be in one side.
If you can choose clokwise or counterclockwise (if you want the buttons by your hand or by your wrist or for left-handed or right-handed) it will be superb!

Is it possible?

to be honest i thought about rotation too.
but in my case i even thought about gluing the watch into the broken wrist band part
9th April 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #1045  
Victorville
Thanks Meter: 7

83 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbrody

Here is the APK. Note that because I signed it with my own key, you will not be able to upgrade your OpenLiveView installation. You will have to uninstall OpenLiveView and re-install.

John

Just wanna report that it crashes sometimes on my Galaxy S4 on Hyperdrive. Just shows a black page with the header and the Liveview can't connect. Stopping it and restarting the program doesn't seem to help, only restarting the device.
10th April 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1046  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presko

Does this version fix the frequently disconnections ?
Thanks for the erviving the theme

I believe it does fix some disconnections. It did for me, however I did not see others having the same problem so I can't be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerard0986

Just wanna report that it crashes sometimes on my Galaxy S4 on Hyperdrive. Just shows a black page with the header and the Liveview can't connect. Stopping it and restarting the program doesn't seem to help, only restarting the device.

Sorry to hear that
Are you able to pull logs with logcat?
13th May 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #1047  

2 posts
hello,

I know this post is very old but I wonder how you extract PNG of firmware LiveView, I would do for smartwatch I got the firmware and I decompile with ida pro THANKS
14th May 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #1048  
Flag Cologne

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan oTrex

hello,

I know this post is very old but I wonder how you extract PNG of firmware LiveView, I would do for smartwatch I got the firmware and I decompile with ida pro THANKS

I wrote a plain c application that scans a file for png signatures and dumps them into separate files

I'm writing from phone. When I'm on my laptop I'll share the code again if you like
15th May 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #1049  

2 posts
extract png
it would be great thanks
15th May 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1050  
Flag Cologne

109 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote: