[Q] Lenovo A390 flashing ROM, recovery issues

15th May 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi there.

I tried to update a new ROM for my Lenovo A390. But sth was wrong with the phone I suppose. Firstly when I tried to start up with power button and vol+, firstly I got Android human logo with sth twisting next to its belly Then dead android humand with red exclamation mark showed up over. And nothing else happened.

When I was trying to flash custom room with Flash tool, the phone never answered to the 'call' from flash tool (after clicking 'Download' and connecting phone to PC - nothing happens ). So nothing could be done with Flash tool.

The next idea: I found some tips to use ADB and Fastboot. I had boot.img downloaded. It comes from 'A390_AllegroROM_v0.4a_SPFT'.

Then it went like this (in command prompt):
1.adb reboot-bootloader
2.fastboot flash boot boot.img
3. fastboot reboot.

answer for p.2 was OK, OK,

after p.3 as well

Now when try to switch phone on. It shows only lenovo logo and hangs up.

Is there a chance to get the phone working again?

After all this I discovered than when red ex. mark is being showed I can push power button and then I suppose recovery mode is shown?. But weird thing is I can not navigate through it. First option is set. It looks like:

Android system recovery <3e>
Android system recovery utility

Reboot system now(selected)
Apply sdcard: update.zip
Wipe data factory reset
Wipe cache Partition

(and below)

No .zip file in sdcard

So next idea was looking for 'lenovo a390 stock rom update.zip' file . I managed find sth (Lenovo_A390_Miui_Update.zip -> I changed to update.zip). I put it in root of sdcard, thinking that phone need this update.zip to do sth . Indeed, after switching into recovery mode (power + vol+) recovery mode looked similar but instead of 'No .zip file in sdcard' there was a few lines more:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Veryfing update package...
E: signature verification failed
Factory update failed.

Any suggestions? Do you think there is a chance to get the phone recovered ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread