OP n1gh7mar3

15th May 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 18

89 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to send content to my chromecast and then on my computer open the cast website that the chromecast loads to see the same content that is being casted to the chrome cast?
15th May 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

64 posts
No, it's not. Sorry
15th May 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 872

2,236 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1gh7mar3

Is it possible to send content to my chromecast and then on my computer open the cast website that the chromecast loads to see the same content that is being casted to the chrome cast?

Both devices can access the same content (assuming the provider doesn't have access restrictions that prevent this). However, because they're separate devices, the content being play will not be in sync.

You can however, "move" a casted stream from one device to another by opening the same application on the new device and taking control of Chromecast from the new device.

For example, I can...
  1. Open YouTube in Chrome on desktop
  2. Find and play a video
  3. Cast the video to Chromecast
  4. Launch YouTube on my phone
  5. Connect to Chromecast
  6. Continue playback of the video on my phone from whatever point it was at on Chromecast

Note that in the above scenario the video is never playing back in two places at once.
15th May 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 316

1,846 posts
I can't even think of any practical purpose for doing that....

I suppose it might be possible if done as a Live streaming feed using a protocol that is compatible with the CCast.

But even then Live feeds never sync properly because it's all about when you start them and how well the device buffers...SO I still don't see how it could be used in a practical application.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread