Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,156 Members 40,233 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cast Mirroring

Tip us?

n1gh7mar3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Default Cast Mirroring

Is it possible to send content to my chromecast and then on my computer open the cast website that the chromecast loads to see the same content that is being casted to the chrome cast?

mateopase
Old
Thanks Meter 11
No, it's not. Sorry

bhiga
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 760

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1gh7mar3 View Post
Is it possible to send content to my chromecast and then on my computer open the cast website that the chromecast loads to see the same content that is being casted to the chrome cast?
Both devices can access the same content (assuming the provider doesn't have access restrictions that prevent this). However, because they're separate devices, the content being play will not be in sync.

You can however, "move" a casted stream from one device to another by opening the same application on the new device and taking control of Chromecast from the new device.

For example, I can...
  1. Open YouTube in Chrome on desktop
  2. Find and play a video
  3. Cast the video to Chromecast
  4. Launch YouTube on my phone
  5. Connect to Chromecast
  6. Continue playback of the video on my phone from whatever point it was at on Chromecast

Note that in the above scenario the video is never playing back in two places at once.
Chromecast threads: FAQ - READ THIS FIRST! / Rootable Serial Numbers | Root Mini-FAQ | FlashCast flashing Mini-FAQ
BYO powered OTG cable | WiFi Bandwidth and Router considerations | Not all 1080p/720p is same
Search Tip: Google search terms site:forum.xda-developers.com for only XDA forum results. Example
Follow the rules / Use 'Search' before posting / Post in the correct sections / Do not spam the board / Press thanks, don't post 'Thanks'

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 250
I can't even think of any practical purpose for doing that....

I suppose it might be possible if done as a Live streaming feed using a protocol that is compatible with the CCast.

But even then Live feeds never sync properly because it's all about when you start them and how well the device buffers...SO I still don't see how it could be used in a practical application.