Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP - child wiped out phone (brick?) and mom needs help...

OP Bchgirl19

15th May 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindfulSheep

I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you and your son.

It's great to know that you're letting your kid tinker around as he is. I know these are quite expensive devices, but we often do learn from our mistakes, and that is even more true when it comes to technology. I'm sure that I have a bit of a bias being a software developer, but tech is such a huge part of life now, and that is only going to become more so with time. So getting an early start as he is, your son is going to have a leg-up in the world, even if he doesn't choose this type of field as a career path.

Thanks!! He's very into all of this stuff and always has been from a very young age -- started with Legos at 2. He doesn't play sports and this is his "thing". He really LOVES all this stuff. He's actually really good and understands most things. As you can see - we certainly have issues now and then but overall we certainly let him "tinker". I really should write stuff down so we can laugh about it in about 10 years. We tried to limit his Internet time a couple of years ago and added a password on his computer that we had to input on his computer to gain access. Little **** put a keystroke logger on the computer to get the password. Then he somehow modified the main password screen to say PENIS when we logged on. The stories go on and on....... We will let him continue his technology building and hopefully he really have a bright future in technology!

Thanks for all of the input and support from this forum!
15th May 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bchgirl19

Thanks!! He's very into all of this stuff and always has been from a very young age -- started with Legos at 2. He doesn't play sports and this is his "thing". He really LOVES all this stuff. He's actually really good and understands most things. As you can see - we certainly have issues now and then but overall we certainly let him "tinker". I really should write stuff down so we can laugh about it in about 10 years. We tried to limit his Internet time a couple of years ago and added a password on his computer that we had to input on his computer to gain access. Little **** put a keystroke logger on the computer to get the password. Then he somehow modified the main password screen to say PENIS when we logged on. The stories go on and on....... We will let him continue his technology building and hopefully he really have a bright future in technology!

Thanks for all of the input and support from this forum!

I was the same from an early age and always have been. I have taken apart or modified more household items than I can think of. I broke a lot of stuff messing as a kid, but now I have a lot of knowledge and can fix almost any thing properly.
It seems you are not so bad yourself with the technical stuff as most moms wouldn't have a clue or even be able to repeat what you have explained here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread