Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Now notifications missing

Tip us?

craig0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Default Google Now notifications missing

Has anyone else had the problem of Google Now notifications going missing? For at least two weeks, the Google Now notification has been absent from my notification tray. I've tried everything I can think of, (clearing data/cache, disbling/re-enabling Google Now, uninstalling updates, deleting all my past reminders, clearing all cards, disabling and re-enabling notification settings both in App Settings and in Google Now) with no results. :frustrated:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app
craig0r

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5110 Stock 4.2.2 rooted
Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10

UberSlackr
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I don't remember getting any notification from Google Now, and I've had this phone for a month now. On my old LG G2 I got them all the time. I don't get my Trip Time to work notification anymore, or any of my package tracking notifications. They are there is I own Google Now, but never in the Notification Bar.
HTC One m8 (In Use)
LG G2
Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Chromecast
Quote:
I called Google Device Support the other day, and asked about the possibility of Modem/Radio within the Nexus 7 3G.. and The CSR answer was "No you can not plug a Phone Cord or Ethernet cable into the device, and if you want to listen to the radio you must download a 3rd Party App or Try our Google Music service, but it's not a radio" - Couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably for 10min straight. ~UberSlackr

craig0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberSlackr View Post
I don't remember getting any notification from Google Now, and I've had this phone for a month now. On my old LG G2 I got them all the time. I don't get my Trip Time to work notification anymore, or any of my package tracking notifications. They are there is I own Google Now, but never in the Notification Bar.
Yep, me too. I wonder if the M8 broke the notifications somehow... because I noticed it's also affected my Galaxy Note 8.0.

One thing I suspect (and I hope I'm right) is that either a Google Play Services update or Google Search update has broken it in anticipation of Android 4.4.3, and when we get this update, everything will be magically fixed. It's wishful thinking, but at this point, it's all I've got left. I haven't done a factory reset yet... but I think I might give that a try right now.
craig0r

Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10

thebobmannh
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I get my "time to work" notifications still, at least on days when it's higher than normal.

craig0r
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobmannh View Post
I get my "time to work" notifications still, at least on days when it's higher than normal.
Yeah, I get some notifications, but not all the ones I want. It's like I'm only getting "urgent" notifications, and not the "standard" ones I used to. I get reminders, and I crazy storm moved in the other night and a "severe weather" notification showed up.
craig0r

Rogers HTC One
HP Touchpad with CM10