[Q] Device Self Service

OP rosystreasures

1st May 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 35

413 posts
More
Everytime I reboot, this "app" comes up. I have no idea what it is, but I know it wants me to call cust care...how do I disable this?
Resolute Blue
1st May 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
If you've never noticed it before or it seems suspect I would scan it with whatever anti virus app you got and uninstall it. I use App Master, you get rid of suspect "system" apps and it can put it in a recycling bin in case you want to reinstall it later.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llmaster&hl=en
15th May 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nevada
Thanks Meter: 35

413 posts
More
still happening...confused.
15th May 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 325

1,682 posts
Self service is a system app. You can't normally get to it to run it. Disabling it might stop something from working that the phone needs. When I freeze apps on a fresh install, I don't do that one. I don't know what it does. Under normal conditions, you shouldn't be seeing that app running at boot. Something might be borked with the phone to cause that app to run, and you see it, at startup. I know it's an extreme reaction, but if it were me, and it was really getting on my nerves, I'd back up everything to the SD card. Then I'd power down and remove the card. Next I would flash a full stock Odin tar.md5 of the operating system. That will put things back to where they're supposed to be. Next time, be more cautious when freezing/disabling/removing system apps and files.
Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 15th May 2014 at 08:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 466

743 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch

Self service is a system app. You can't normally get to it to run it. Disabling it might stop something from working that the phone needs. When I freeze apps on a fresh install, I don't do that one. I don't know what it does. Under normal conditions, you shouldn't be seeing that app running at boot. Something might be borked with the phone to cause that app to run, and you see it, at startup. I know it's an extreme reaction, but if it were me, and it was really getting on my nerves, I'd back up everything to the SD card. Then I'd power down and remove the card. Next I would flash a full stock Odin tar.md5 of the operating system. That will put things back to where they're supposed to be. Next time, be more cautious when freezing/disabling/removing system apps and files.

I agree with Oscar.

If you're getting that message, it means something is wrong with your phone. I'd hope it's only something wrong on the software side of things. What Oscar suggested will, without a doubt, solve any issues related with the ROM.

I like my custom ROMs, so the first thing I'd try is a completely clean flash of your ROM. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system, then flash any ROM of your choice.

If you're still getting issues after that, then I'd go with the full stock unrooted ROM, as Oscar suggested.

Hope this helps!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread