Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,914 Members 45,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Device Self Service

Tip us?

rosystreasures
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Device Self Service

Everytime I reboot, this "app" comes up. I have no idea what it is, but I know it wants me to call cust care...how do I disable this?
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15
Resolute Blue Old
Thanks Meter
If you've never noticed it before or it seems suspect I would scan it with whatever anti virus app you got and uninstall it. I use App Master, you get rid of suspect "system" apps and it can put it in a recycling bin in case you want to reinstall it later.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llmaster&hl=en

rosystreasures
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
still happening...confused.
Thank you kindly,
Rosy

Sprint Galaxy Note 3
X-Note V15

oscarthegrouch
Old
(Last edited by oscarthegrouch; 15th May 2014 at 07:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 324
Self service is a system app. You can't normally get to it to run it. Disabling it might stop something from working that the phone needs. When I freeze apps on a fresh install, I don't do that one. I don't know what it does. Under normal conditions, you shouldn't be seeing that app running at boot. Something might be borked with the phone to cause that app to run, and you see it, at startup. I know it's an extreme reaction, but if it were me, and it was really getting on my nerves, I'd back up everything to the SD card. Then I'd power down and remove the card. Next I would flash a full stock Odin tar.md5 of the operating system. That will put things back to where they're supposed to be. Next time, be more cautious when freezing/disabling/removing system apps and files.
The Following User Says Thank You to oscarthegrouch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

topherk
Old
Thanks Meter 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch View Post
Self service is a system app. You can't normally get to it to run it. Disabling it might stop something from working that the phone needs. When I freeze apps on a fresh install, I don't do that one. I don't know what it does. Under normal conditions, you shouldn't be seeing that app running at boot. Something might be borked with the phone to cause that app to run, and you see it, at startup. I know it's an extreme reaction, but if it were me, and it was really getting on my nerves, I'd back up everything to the SD card. Then I'd power down and remove the card. Next I would flash a full stock Odin tar.md5 of the operating system. That will put things back to where they're supposed to be. Next time, be more cautious when freezing/disabling/removing system apps and files.
I agree with Oscar.

If you're getting that message, it means something is wrong with your phone. I'd hope it's only something wrong on the software side of things. What Oscar suggested will, without a doubt, solve any issues related with the ROM.

I like my custom ROMs, so the first thing I'd try is a completely clean flash of your ROM. Wipe data, cache, dalvik cache, and system, then flash any ROM of your choice.

If you're still getting issues after that, then I'd go with the full stock unrooted ROM, as Oscar suggested.

Hope this helps!
Kernal: ROM-provided
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.0.0
Baseband: N900PVPECNC5

Asus Eee Pad Transformer (TF101)
ROM: [4.4.2] [ KatKiss #023c ] [Stable]