Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,416 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Themer crashes on Galaxy S5.

Tip us?
 
deathadder7
Old
#1  
deathadder7's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
Question [Q] Themer crashes on Galaxy S5.

So i recently installed Themer on my brand new Galaxy s5. I press the home button and selected themer. My phone turned black and didn't turn on, so i turned off my phone. When i turned it back on it passed the galaxy startup image and went to my Verizion screen. There it froze. I had to remove the battery and it turned back on. What i would like to know is if Themer works on the S5, or should i have waited when selecting Themer after pressing the home button?
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#2  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 435
Posts: 913
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathadder7 View Post
So i recently installed Themer on my brand new Galaxy s5. I press the home button and selected themer. My phone turned black and didn't turn on, so i turned off my phone. When i turned it back on it passed the galaxy startup image and went to my Verizion screen. There it froze. I had to remove the battery and it turned back on. What i would like to know is if Themer works on the S5, or should i have waited when selecting Themer after pressing the home button?
Hi deathadder7,

Please try this method, as it should help fix the issue:
1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know. There might have been a problem during installation.

Regards,
Marco
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
deathadder7
Old
#3  
deathadder7's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
Hi deathadder7,

Please try this method, as it should help fix the issue:
1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know. There might have been a problem during installation.

Regards,
Marco
Seems to be working better now. Sorry for the late reply. Thankyou for you're help.
 
deathadder7
Old
#4  
deathadder7's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
Hi deathadder7,

Please try this method, as it should help fix the issue:
1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know. There might have been a problem during installation.

Regards,
Marco
Sadly, this did not work. After it says installing, my phone goes black. I can never turn it on from that point. I have to restart it and when that happens it takes me to the Verizion where it freezes.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathadder7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#5  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 435
Posts: 913
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathadder7 View Post
Sadly, this did not work. After it says installing, my phone goes black. I can never turn it on from that point. I have to restart it and when that happens it takes me to the Verizion where it freezes.
Are you rooted? If so, have you modified the display/DPI/resolution settings in any way?
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
The Following User Says Thank You to ThemerSupport For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ssnr
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 29
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Francisco
I've been getting the same thing too on my HTC One M8. Themer was working flawlessly then when i updated everything seemed to bug out. I've have tried deleting the folder and re-installing multiple times.

Problem lies when I try to apply a theme it just doesn't work either goes black or stuck on "tap the phone below to apply your theme" but the phone is gone and there is just a blank image in the area. Two patches ago themer was working fine with no issues at all.

HTC one m8.
Not rooted, everything is stock settings.
haven't touched a thing on my phone just updated to the latest version on themer. Hope this helps any ideas on how to fix??
 
deathadder7
Old
#7  
deathadder7's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2014
@ThemerSupport No I am not rooted. I never changed anything in the resolution or DPI

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes