Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,922 Members 45,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

It's possible to port cyanide mod

Tip us?

Edoardo001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default It's possible to port cyanide mod

Hi guys you know if it's possible to port cm 11.? If yes why nobody port Already?
Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Free mobile app

cantfindanick
Old
Thanks Meter 10
It is an easier task for SM-P605 since it uses S800 CPU which has open source-ish drivers which can help devs a lot while compiling a rom from source. Looks like nobody wants to take on this yet since it requires lots of time and knowledge

SM-P600 & P601 & P602 are a bit unlucky since they use Exynos CPU's which we have less source and experience on. Somebody can port from Note 3 with experience in porting (should be easier than building ground-up drivers for now).
The Following User Says Thank You to cantfindanick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GldRush98
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Cyanide? Rotfl
---Phone---
Nexus 5 32gb
Android 4.4.4 KTU84P, Baseband 2.0.50.1.16, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.7.1.1
---Tablets---
Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition 32gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, rooted, TWRP 2.6.3.3
Nexus 7 16gb
Android 4.4.2 KOT49H, Unlocked, rooted, TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.1
---Past---
Galaxy Nexus (AT&T)
Android 4.3 JWR66Y, Baseband I9250XXLJ1, Unlocked, rooted, Clockwork Touch 6.0.4.3
Google Nexus One | AT&T Fuze (Touch Pro) | AT&T 8525 (Hermes) | AT&T 8125 (Wizard)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GldRush98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r4yN
Old
(Last edited by r4yN; 16th May 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
On a serious note though...

There have been (successful) bounties for new roms recently and I wonder if we could also get some CM / AOSP love

All we need is a willing CM dev & another bounty, right?
(I'm still on stock, no root, no knox tripping and I don't void my warranty for a touchwiz rom... I would for a CM / aosp rom + kernel though...)

edit: a working CM or AOSP rom + kernel would probably also attract more devs, since most roms are based on either one of them (e.g. slim, paranoid android, etc are all based on AOSP [with their own modifications of course])

Edoardo001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
I want to port it, but i'm not able to port a fully working ROM, and not have time to fix all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

iofthestorm
Old
Thanks Meter 599
Wasn't clear from your post, did you try to port it but not get things working?

I will probably attempt to port CM11 to the P605. I just got one, and I've worked on OmniROM in the past but this is the first time I have tried to bring up a device from scratch so it will take some time (well, not really from scratch, I'm banking on the fact that the Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014 are quite similar so that that might hopefully save me some time). The other issue for me specifically is that the seal on the box was already broken when I got it so I might want to try to return it, if any issues crop up. So first I need to figure out if I can root it without tripping Knox so that I can do some diagnostic stuff and try and figure out if the device has any problems and/or was a returned device.

But if we're lucky, I think I can port CM, though most likely I won't have a lot of time to do this until mid-June so before then I'll just see what I can do in a short amount of time. Afterwards I'll attempt bringing up Omni as well but I'll attempt CM first since CM actually supports the Note 3 LTE (I tried doing an Omni bringup for Note 3 too, but ran into some issues and haven't had time to debug further).
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T) - CM11 nightlies
Verizon Galaxy S III - Omni 4.4 (retired)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013) - Homemade Omni (4.4) goodness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iofthestorm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r4yN
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Just noticed that cyanogenmod is apparently already working on a galaxy note 3 exynos build ( http://www.cyanogenmod.org/blog/this...cm-apr-26-2014 ) and since note 3 and note 10.1 2014 share the same hardware, i'm sure someone will be able to port it

(Xluco is doing pretty much the same thing with his kernel... porting features over from a note 3 exynos kernel)

I'm quite excited for this, cm will be reason enough for me to finally root my device and like I said a working cm rom + kernel will probably attract more devs (since a lot of roms are based on cm) [emoji106]

Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to r4yN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]