Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,834 Members 50,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Not Charging

Tip us?

deejayspinz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Fix: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Not Charging

Spent weeks trying to figure this out, so hope this can help someone.. There's tonnes of posts out there about the Tab not charging when plugged in. I had similar issues with my Tab over the past few months, turns out that it was not the charger at all, but rather the charge port. I documented the fix on my blog: Fix: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 – “Wont Charge Issue” | PlastiBots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deejayspinz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NJ_RAMS_FAN
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayspinz View Post
Spent weeks trying to figure this out, so hope this can help someone.. There's tonnes of posts out there about the Tab not charging when plugged in. I had similar issues with my Tab over the past few months, turns out that it was not the charger at all, but rather the charge port. I documented the fix on my blog: Fix: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 – “Wont Charge Issue” | PlastiBots.
nice.. but most if any all tab 3 8.0 users should still have warranty since it was release june 2013. I just got my back and its working great..
Me: T-Mobile LG G3; Nexus 5 Tablet: LG Pad 8.3
Wife: Samsung Galaxy S IV SGH-M919 Tablet: Tab 3 8.0

Retired: T-Mobile G2x (2 Sold), HTC Amaze 4g (sold), GSM Galaxy Nexus (Broke ), Galaxy S II T-989(Sold), Galaxy S III T-999(Sold) Tablets: Samsung 7.0 Plus (Sold), Samsung 2 7.0 (Sold), Asus TF300 (Sold)

deejayspinz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_RAMS_FAN View Post
nice.. but most if any all tab 3 8.0 users should still have warranty since it was release june 2013. I just got my back and its working great..
Warranties expire... threads stick around. This will serve someone at some pt.