Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 48,851 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 D802 problem when making or answering a call

Tip us?

madafis
Old
(Last edited by madafis; 23rd February 2014 at 05:43 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] LG G2 D802 problem when making or answering a call

Hi guys.I have a problem with my LG G2 D802.When I answer a call or make a call,the screen goes blank and the touch doesn't work anymore.I can't do anything else on the phone.The conversation is normal and anything else seems to be ok.Please help! Thank you.
If I answer a call,the screen goes blank,I can speak normally:After the call even the other person finishes the conversation,I still can't do anything on the phone,because the screen stays blank.If I have another call this will awake the screen and it will work normally,I mean,I can take the call,answer and speak on the phone but with the screen blank again. and so on.To have the phone back to normal,I have to reboot it by switching the phone off and on again. Very strange.This happened after I unlocked the phone ,probably because I left the SIM card in ?!!! Any possible advice/solution? I tried soft and hard/factory reset with no results.

Bam9
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up help reguading the g2 screen blackout during calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by madafis View Post
Hi guys.I have a problem with my LG G2 D802.When I answer a call or make a call,the screen goes blank and the touch doesn't work anymore.I can't do anything else on the phone.The conversation is normal and anything else seems to be ok.Please help! Thank you.
If I answer a call,the screen goes blank,I can speak normally:After the call even the other person finishes the conversation,I still can't do anything on the phone,because the screen stays blank.If I have another call this will awake the screen and it will work normally,I mean,I can take the call,answer and speak on the phone but with the screen blank again. and so on.To have the phone back to normal,I have to reboot it by switching the phone off and on again. Very strange.This happened after I unlocked the phone ,probably because I left the SIM card in ?!!! Any possible advice/solution? I tried soft and hard/factory reset with no results.

I actually had this same issue. my g2 is rooted, but running the stock rom. it has a screen protector but nothing else that would impede the sensors.

I found that this issue never took place in well lit areas. but if at night sitting i a poorly lit room I would go to swipe the scree it would unlock for a second or two and then lock back up. in talking with a friend. I found that the g2 has in set so in the proximity of a pocket or something dark the screen dims back so as to not allow you to mistakenly hit ay button ( i.e. butt dial) i figured my proximity sensor near the ear piece was dirty and causing much less light then there actually was. at the time there wast a firmware update ( which I have now gotten) and was desperately seeking help.

I finally got the firmware update VS98012B and it seems to have solved the issue I ( and you) was having. I would see what version you are running now and then update to the aforementioned and see if that solves your problem.
PM me and let me know what road you decide to travel and if for some reason it doesn't help you we shall figure it out.

ingoljosh
Old
(Last edited by ingoljosh; 3rd March 2014 at 07:52 PM.) Reason: left oput some details
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Default Blank Screen

I am having sort of the same issue. But mine is wether in a well lit room or dark room it doesn't matter.

I noticed that it usually happens when i receive a call, after the conversation when i hang up it does not go back to the home screen. all i get is a blank screen. the only way i can get it to generate the home screen again is by pulling down the status bar and going into the general settings and clicking home button again.

during this blank screen i can still see the status bar, and when i bring down the status bar i can see the nav buttons but they are unresponsive.

I also noticed this takes place sometimes after closing an app (noticed on netflix)

I am rooted on stock rom and TWRP recovery. Phone Model [LS-980 Sprint]

I immediately rooted so dont know if issue was there before root.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

madafis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam9 View Post
I actually had this same issue. my g2 is rooted, but running the stock rom. it has a screen protector but nothing else that would impede the sensors.

I found that this issue never took place in well lit areas. but if at night sitting i a poorly lit room I would go to swipe the scree it would unlock for a second or two and then lock back up. in talking with a friend. I found that the g2 has in set so in the proximity of a pocket or something dark the screen dims back so as to not allow you to mistakenly hit ay button ( i.e. butt dial) i figured my proximity sensor near the ear piece was dirty and causing much less light then there actually was. at the time there wast a firmware update ( which I have now gotten) and was desperately seeking help.

I finally got the firmware update VS98012B and it seems to have solved the issue I ( and you) was having. I would see what version you are running now and then update to the aforementioned and see if that solves your problem.
PM me and let me know what road you decide to travel and if for some reason it doesn't help you we shall figure it out.
I decided to open the phone and check the proximity sensor.I unplugged the proximity sensor ribbon and guess what:IT WORKS.without the functions of the proximity sensor and LED.But at least,I have the keypad and the screen on during a conversation.I have even the knock-knock function.Probably,I will use it like that until a kit-kat update will be available.Thanks for your answer.

BobbyLG
Old
(Last edited by BobbyLG; 16th May 2014 at 12:21 AM.) Reason: Additional Information about SIM Card
Thanks Meter 0
Default VS980 Black Screen

I have a customer phone that I replaced the LCD and Digitizer on. The new screen works fine but...now when a SIM Card is in the phone and I dial out a thin horizontal line appears in the middle of the screen and then the screen goes black.

If I remove the SIM card and place a call, the phone gives me the standard "Emergency Calls Only" and goes back to the dial pad.

The SIM Card is not activated but it is recognized by the phone.

Has anyone else had this issue? I tried a factory restore with no luck.