Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 53,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to extract dz file from lg l3 II (e425 or e430)??

Tip us?
 
Naxil
Old
(Last edited by Naxil; 16th May 2014 at 03:15 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default How to extract dz file from lg l3 II (e425 or e430)??

Hello, i want extract the stockfw i have successful extract the kdz to cab and to dz (with linux).
i have download some tool for dz file but exist a problem with HEADER (probably is different... no iam sure 100 it is different...)
i post the python script error for understand better my problem...

Code:
[!] Error: Unsupported DZ file format.
[ ] Expected: 0x32 0x96 0x18 0x74 ,
	but received 0x44 0xdd 0x55 0xaa .
the python script is dzfiletools.py (downloaded from xda), that python tool have that line

Code:
    dz_header = "\x32\x96\x18\x74"
    dz_sub_header = "\x30\x12\x95\x78"
    dz_sub_len = 512
how to insert the right value from lg l3 II dz header value?

Code:
0000000: 44dd 55aa ffff ffff 2b17 d205 4c47 4534  D.U.....+...LGE4
0000010: 3330 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000  30..............
0000020: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000030: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000040: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000050: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000060: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000070: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000080: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
0000090: ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff ffff  ................
The whole python tool http://paste.ubuntu.com/7473191/
 
IGGYVIP
Old
#2  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 737
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Emerald

 
DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxil View Post
Hello, i want extract the stockfw i have successful extract the kdz to cab and to dz (with linux).
i have download some tool for dz file but exist a problem with HEADER (probably is different... no iam sure 100 it is different...)
i post the python script error for understand better my problem...

Code:
[!] Error: Unsupported DZ file format.
[ ] Expected: 0x32 0x96 0x18 0x74 ,
	but received 0x44 0xdd 0x55 0xaa .
the python script is dzfiletools.py (downloaded from xda), that python tool have that line

Code:
    dz_header = "\x32\x96\x18\x74"
    dz_sub_header = "\x30\x12\x95\x78"
    dz_sub_len = 512
how to insert the right value from lg l3 II dz header value?

I have Never managed and believe me i have tried ..
easiest way to obtain all partitions i found is to:
Flash Stock (the one you want to extract)
Root (busybox might be needed but not sure)
enable usb debugging
Run the attached tool (it will automatically dump all partitions from phone {just like extracting .dz})


Why do you want it anyway ?
ROM building ?
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE


I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430


 
ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7
NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE
MY GUIDE ON HOW TO GET QUICK ANSWERS
DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
 
 
Naxil
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2014
no, iam not able to make a rom.. but i try to understand HOW the roms works (i have only understand that, the roms (Stock) is divided in

1 boot (need to be modded or exploited for change and load different recovery right??)
2 recovery
3 system
4 data/cache

If i not mess with boot and recovery (now i have the cwm on recovery) i can't brick my phone right? or i can always replace it with new kdz (windows + kdzupd)

I want the systemUI from 430 or other kind of file for have back the menu retroillumination...
 
IGGYVIP
Old
#4  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 737
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Emerald

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxil View Post
no, iam not able to make a rom.. but i try to understand HOW the roms works (i have only understand that, the roms (Stock) is divided in

1 boot (need to be modded or exploited for change and load different recovery right??)
2 recovery
3 system
4 data/cache

If i not mess with boot and recovery (now i have the cwm on recovery) i can't brick my phone right? or i can always replace it with new kdz (windows + kdzupd)

I want the systemUI from 430 or other kind of file for have back the menu retroillumination...
open lg mobile support tool
select emergency upgrade
enter imei or serial
wait for it to download
wait for it to flash it
now you have e430 again
now if firmware is not v10c and you want to easily root download it and normal flash .kdz
now root and unlock bootloader and install cwm again

EDIT: also in my E430 thread there is links to all stock partitions like after extracting .dz
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE


I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430


 
ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7
NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE
MY GUIDE ON HOW TO GET QUICK ANSWERS
DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
 
 
Naxil
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Apr 2014
so... no way to mod the python script for dz e430 file?
 
IGGYVIP
Old
#6  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 737
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Emerald

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry Lets do it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxil View Post
so... no way to mod the python script for dz e430 file?
i'm not capable of doing it
but i'm sure i can help you

read http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=48 that
use that program while flashing and inside the log that you will get there is a lot of info that you might find useful for extracting the .dz
also i can provide you with all info from e430 if any needed
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE


I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430


 
ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7
NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE
MY GUIDE ON HOW TO GET QUICK ANSWERS
DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
 
 
IGGYVIP
Old
#7  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 737
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Emerald

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxil View Post
so... no way to mod the python script for dz e430 file?
bump ?
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE


I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430


 
ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7
NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE
MY GUIDE ON HOW TO GET QUICK ANSWERS
DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
 
 
ensarman
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 31
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYVIP View Post
i'm not capable of doing it
but i'm sure i can help you

read http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...9&postcount=48 that
use that program while flashing and inside the log that you will get there is a lot of info that you might find useful for extracting the .dz
also i can provide you with all info from e430 if any needed
so the APPS file is the bootloader?

following your post

Code:
                            *---------------------------- PartitionTable Info LG Optimus L3 II E430 --------------------------*  	

Index|  Partition Name |  Logical Start Offset    |  Logical Size  (KB)      | File Offset | Physical Start Offset | Partition Size (KB) 	|      Device Location
  02 |           QCSBL |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0x841CFBCD ( 949734KB)  | 0x   100000 |       0x      0       |  0x    829 (   1044KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
  03 |          OEMSBL |        0x3445474C        |  0x 3033    (   6169KB)  | 0x   180000 |       0x    829       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
  04 |             EXT |        0x    0           |  0x    0    (      0KB)  | 0x   280000 |       0x   2829       |  0x  1D7D7 (  60395KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
  05 |         APPSSBL |        0x    0           |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   300000 |       0x  20000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
  06 |       WALLPAPER |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  22000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
  07 |    MODEM_BACKUP |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  24000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
  08 |            misc |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  26000       |  0x   C000 (  24576KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
  09 |            APPS |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  32000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
  10 |       MODEM_ST1 |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  38000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
  11 |       MODEM_ST2 |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  3A000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
  12 |           MODEM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  3C000       |  0x   E000 (  28672KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
  13 |    MODEM_BACKUP |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x  1D80000 |       0x  4A000       |  0x   E000 (  28672KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
  14 |          SYSTEM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x  3100000 |       0x  58000       |  0x 1D0000 ( 950272KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
  15 |         PERSIST |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3D100000 |       0x 228000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
  16 |           CACHE |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3DD00000 |       0x 22E000       |  0x 140000 ( 655360KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
  17 |        RECOVERY |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3DD00000 |       0x 36E000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
  18 |             DRM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 374000       |  0x   4000 (   8192KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
  19 |            FOTA |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 378000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
  20 |        USERDATA |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 37E000       |  0x 38C000 (1859584KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
  21 |           DLOAD |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 70A000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
  22 | BOOT_LOGO_IMAGE |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 70C000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
  23 |             MPT |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 70E000       |  0x   8000 (  16384KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
  24 |         ENCRYPT |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 716000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
  25 |            CUST |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 718000       |  0x  10000 (  32768KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
  26 |             rct |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 40280000 |       0x 728000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
APPS points to /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 and in the freeedom pack the boot.img points to the same file
 
IGGYVIP
Old
#9  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 282
Posts: 737
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Emerald

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensarman View Post
so the APPS file is the bootloader?

following your post

Code:
                            *---------------------------- PartitionTable Info LG Optimus L3 II E430 --------------------------*  	

Index|  Partition Name |  Logical Start Offset    |  Logical Size  (KB)      | File Offset | Physical Start Offset | Partition Size (KB) 	|      Device Location
  02 |           QCSBL |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0x841CFBCD ( 949734KB)  | 0x   100000 |       0x      0       |  0x    829 (   1044KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
  03 |          OEMSBL |        0x3445474C        |  0x 3033    (   6169KB)  | 0x   180000 |       0x    829       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
  04 |             EXT |        0x    0           |  0x    0    (      0KB)  | 0x   280000 |       0x   2829       |  0x  1D7D7 (  60395KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p4
  05 |         APPSSBL |        0x    0           |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   300000 |       0x  20000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p5
  06 |       WALLPAPER |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  22000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
  07 |    MODEM_BACKUP |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  24000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p7
  08 |            misc |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  26000       |  0x   C000 (  24576KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
  09 |            APPS |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   380000 |       0x  32000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
  10 |       MODEM_ST1 |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  38000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
  11 |       MODEM_ST2 |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  3A000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p11
  12 |           MODEM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x   A00000 |       0x  3C000       |  0x   E000 (  28672KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p12
  13 |    MODEM_BACKUP |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x  1D80000 |       0x  4A000       |  0x   E000 (  28672KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p13
  14 |          SYSTEM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x  3100000 |       0x  58000       |  0x 1D0000 ( 950272KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p14
  15 |         PERSIST |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3D100000 |       0x 228000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p15
  16 |           CACHE |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3DD00000 |       0x 22E000       |  0x 140000 ( 655360KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p16
  17 |        RECOVERY |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3DD00000 |       0x 36E000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p17
  18 |             DRM |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 374000       |  0x   4000 (   8192KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p18
  19 |            FOTA |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 378000       |  0x   6000 (  12288KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p19
  20 |        USERDATA |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 37E000       |  0x 38C000 (1859584KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p20
  21 |           DLOAD |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 70A000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p21
  22 | BOOT_LOGO_IMAGE |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E400000 |       0x 70C000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
  23 |             MPT |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 70E000       |  0x   8000 (  16384KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
  24 |         ENCRYPT |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 716000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p24
  25 |            CUST |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 3E480000 |       0x 718000       |  0x  10000 (  32768KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p25
  26 |             rct |        0xFFFFFFFF        |  0xFFFFFFFF (4194303KB)  | 0x 40280000 |       0x 728000       |  0x   2000 (   4096KB) 	|  /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
APPS points to /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 and in the freeedom pack the boot.img points to the same file
/dev/block/mmcblk0p5 is bootloader in freedom pack its lock.bin
THERE IS A REASON THANKS BUTTON IS HERE


I NEED HELP WITH THIS THREAD LG E430


 
ALL TIME FAVOURITE DAILY OG MILESTONE GSM
Kernel OR 2ndboot 2.6.32.60-cust-gcc9164c
Rom CM9
Custom OC 1100Mhz 75Vsel

Dual Boot UBUNTU 14 / WINDOWS 7
NEED ROOT ? TRY VROOT YOUTUBE GUIDE
MY GUIDE ON HOW TO GET QUICK ANSWERS
DETAILS !!! *i need detailed details to help you
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more