No registration required

[Q] "Photo Editor not installed" after Kit Kat update

OP mjrayner

15th May 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Hello,

My girlfriend's S4 was rooted and we followed this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726868 to update to Kit Kat. Root is still there, it is as functional as Kit Kat is, but when we go to a picture in the Gallery app, click the menu button and click edit it says "Photo Editor not installed on the device. Download Photo Editor?" "Cancel / Download" clicking Download takes us to the Samsung App store and "Product does not exist in this store.(4002)". I assume I just need an apk of the photo editor? I found PhotoEditor.apk for the S3 and it fixes the error from happening, however it barely functions. Is there an apk around for the S4?

I downloaded the complete ROM from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2721118 but couldn't find which apk it was. Although I think that's the ROM I flashed so maybe it's just missing it.

Any advice?

Thanks!
15th May 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Alright,

Well I downloaded Hyperdrive R15 and installed PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk and PhotoRetouching_H.apk and now it is working. Hope someone else finds this useful since the "complete" 4.4.2 ROM advertised is missing Photo Editor. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjrayner For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 4,635

1,815 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrayner

Alright,

Well I downloaded Hyperdrive R15 and installed PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk and PhotoRetouching_H.apk and now it is working. Hope someone else finds this useful since the "complete" 4.4.2 ROM advertised is missing Photo Editor. Thanks.

I didnt remove it. If it wasn't in there then samsung/verizon didnt package it with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th May 2014, 01:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223

I didnt remove it. If it wasn't in there then samsung/verizon didnt package it with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Interesting, thanks for the info! I'm surprised no one else has had this issue though. I went searching through forums and couldn't find any reference to this problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread