Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I I think I softbricked my phone.

OP Havik1453

15th May 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hello, I have Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. I have rooted my phone today to Pack-Man 4.4.2. There was no problem while I am using my rooted phone. After all that I decided to unroot my phone and I tried to do that with Odin. I did select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and I did install official I8190 4.1.2 firmware. My phone reset himself after installing and stuck on samsung logo. Is there any way I can fix? Thanks.
15th May 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Harare
Thanks Meter: 255

777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik1453

Hello, I have Galaxy S3 Mini I8190. I have rooted my phone today to Pack-Man 4.4.2. There was no problem while I am using my rooted phone. After all that I decided to unroot my phone and I tried to do that with Odin. I did select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time and I did install official I8190 4.1.2 firmware. My phone reset himself after installing and stuck on samsung logo. Is there any way I can fix? Thanks.

yes, try
try
again
there are several threads of people having the same problem
please use the search to find all of these threads
and good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to efaustino84 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I tried to look but I only find this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2642274 and it didn't help me. I think because I have installed 4.1.2 version. Kies can't downgrade I think...
15th May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 208

596 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik1453

After you installed successfully a stock rom then you have to do a factory reset in original Android recovery (factory reset with original Android recovery will delete all your data also on internal storage). Or try to reflash the Firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to xXPR0T0TYPEXx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I think my problem is I didn't do any wipes in teamwin recovery. I installed the official firmware with Odin and I got bootloop. I don't know how to fix it. I tried the solution examples in this forum and I still have bootloop. By the way I had Cyanogen Mod 11.0 and I rooted Pack-Man 4.4.2 with Odin without doing any cache wipes etc, and I got bootloop after installing it. I really appreciate helps. Thanks.
Last edited by Havik1453; 15th May 2014 at 07:30 PM.
15th May 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 1,262

1,982 posts
More
Yes you ned to wipe cache, dalvik and data when moving from one android version to another. Searxh for a "wipe"-file for i8190 to flash in odin.

Sent through time and space from my s3mini/CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to tys0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks for the help all, I fixed the problem by doing wipe caches.Great community

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread