FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

How do I unlink a Droid from the carrier?

111 posts
Thanks Meter: 36
 
By dwasifar, Senior Member on 8th May 2014, 04:46 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an original Verizon Droid that has been out of service a long time. I'm recommissioning it as a music player for my wife to take to the gym. But when I fire it up, it still thinks it should be an active phone, and Verizon thinks so too; it connects to Verizon's network and is able to make calls.

Right now I have it on Airplane Mode to prevent this, but that disables wi-fi too, and I want it to have wi-fi. Is there a way to erase or reset whatever configuration the carrier gave it, so that it will not try to connect, or at least will not succeed? It's running Cyanogenmod 7, if that makes a difference.
 
 
8th May 2014, 01:15 PM |#2  
Erovia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 258
 
More
Turn of wi-fi after you turned on Airplane Mode.
8th May 2014, 06:00 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia

Turn of wi-fi after you turned on Airplane Mode.

No, I want wi-fi ON, not off. I just don't want it connecting to a carrier.
8th May 2014, 06:03 PM |#4  
Erovia's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 258
 
More
1) Turn Airplane Mode ON (yes, I know this will turn Wi-Fi off)
2) Turn Wi-Fi ON (Wi-Fi will turn on while the mobile connection stays disabled)
8th May 2014, 06:14 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia

1) Turn Airplane Mode ON (yes, I know this will turn Wi-Fi off)
2) Turn Wi-Fi ON (Wi-Fi will turn on while the mobile connection stays disabled)

I'll try that, thanks.
16th May 2014, 12:44 AM |#6  
IGGYVIP's Avatar
Senior Member
/
Thanks Meter: 312
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up TRY THIS !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwasifar

I have an original Verizon Droid that has been out of service a long time. I'm recommissioning it as a music player for my wife to take to the gym. But when I fire it up, it still thinks it should be an active phone, and Verizon thinks so too; it connects to Verizon's network and is able to make calls.

Right now I have it on Airplane Mode to prevent this, but that disables wi-fi too, and I want it to have wi-fi. Is there a way to erase or reset whatever configuration the carrier gave it, so that it will not try to connect, or at least will not succeed? It's running Cyanogenmod 7, if that makes a difference.

it works on gsm milestone
open dialer
dial
*#*#4636#*#*
testing menu will open
tap phone info
scroll to the bottom part and tap Turn off radio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes