Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 43,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Who is a bit anoyed at the lack of apps
Yes come on Sammy hurry up!! 31 75.61%
Pretty slack Samsung 6 14.63%
I am happy with what is in the store 1 2.44%
Meh, no rush 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Come on Samsung!!!!!!!!! Where are all your apps?

Tip us?

NZ_Nitro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default Come on Samsung!!!!!!!!! Where are all your apps?

I have found a few good ones but when you really look there is actually very little available still, and stop putting the same app in different categories to make it look like there is more there than there really is grrrrr

rhonda69
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_Nitro View Post
I have found a few good ones but when you really look there is actually very little available still, and stop putting the same app in different categories to make it look like there is more there than there really is grrrrr
I agree samsung need to tidy there categories up it was the same for the first gear TIDY UP

juiceppc
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Oh yeah, there's no reason whatsoever this watch needs Android... None... Just build an ecosystem from scratch. Again...

Tizen = Samsung grab for control.

Give it up Samsung your stupid OS will not make it. Give-it-up.

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Too much negativity on here. There are already more apps for Gear 2 than there were for the Galaxy Gear. Also, many more should be coming with the contest for developers that Samsung has coming up. Remember that the iPhone did not even have apps on it at first and that Jobs said they were not needed. He was wrong, and apps are necessary now, but they will come. Give it a little more time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to highlordkram For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

juiceppc
Old
Thanks Meter 15
You're right. Negativity is not good. I really didn't see the need for Tizen though... Samsung really did it's customers a disservice. To say that the OS was not important demeaned our intelligence.

BigDanInTX
Old
(Last edited by BigDanInTX; 20th May 2014 at 02:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
EDIT: Chose to say nothing at all...
Samsung Galaxy SIII | Samsung Gear 2 Neo | Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

NZ_Nitro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlordkram View Post
Too much negativity on here. There are already more apps for Gear 2 than there were for the Galaxy Gear. Also, many more should be coming with the contest for developers that Samsung has coming up. Remember that the iPhone did not even have apps on it at first and that Jobs said they were not needed. He was wrong, and apps are necessary now, but they will come. Give it a little more time.
Have you actually counted them? there is not many at all

gunflight
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yup I'm kinda regretting this purchase. It was gimmicky for a week or two but I'm not finding it to useful really. If there was a bunch of apps it would be different. If Samsung goes the Tizen route with their phones I will go back to HTC or LG. Great devices but Tizen blows. Seems like nobody wants to develop for it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunflight View Post
Yup I'm kinda regretting this purchase. It was gimmicky for a week or two but I'm not finding it to useful really. If there was a bunch of apps it would be different. If Samsung goes the Tizen route with their phones I will go back to HTC or LG. Great devices but Tizen blows. Seems like nobody wants to develop for it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
Now that the Gear 1 is going Tizen, I sure hope they get on the ball and convert all of their Android apps to Tizen. They should have done that before they ever put Tizen on a watch to begin with.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimSmith94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T-Anthony78
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hardly any of the Android apps for the GG1 worked anyway. Notifications work great, but I liked the watch styler feature of the original Gear and the ability to side load Android apps to the watch that made sense. I flashed Tizen to my Gear 1 last night. I was under the impression it would bring consistency across all 3 devices (GG, G2, G2N). Still not consistent as original Gear owners (even though running same OS) still don't have access to same apps or user experience.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app