Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,673 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted 2nd Device - Terrible LTE Speeds

Tip us?

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted 2nd Device - Terrible LTE Speeds

I sent my first device in. It was suffering from LTE problems (essentially it would never connect to LTE, and 3g was unusable as well). It's been replaced. The new device seems to be fine. Getting LTE everywhere, when i'm on spark I get up to 25mbps down - great! So I decided to unlock/root the new device. Went through the process, no problems. Now I'm getting terrible LTE speeds. Not more than 60 min ago in the same spot, i was getting 25mbps on LTE, now i'm getting 3mbps after unlocking/root. Any ideas what went wrong?

mswlogo
Old
Thanks Meter 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetracw View Post
I sent my first device in. It was suffering from LTE problems (essentially it would never connect to LTE, and 3g was unusable as well). It's been replaced. The new device seems to be fine. Getting LTE everywhere, when i'm on spark I get up to 25mbps down - great! So I decided to unlock/root the new device. Went through the process, no problems. Now I'm getting terrible LTE speeds. Not more than 60 min ago in the same spot, i was getting 25mbps on LTE, now i'm getting 3mbps after unlocking/root. Any ideas what went wrong?
Test it at the same time tomorrow. Speeds are all over the map.

Internet has peak traffic during prime time TV hours.
Samsung Galaxy S5 with R.O.D.T

tetracw
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Test it at the same time tomorrow. Speeds are all over the map.

Internet has peak traffic during prime time TV hours.
Might have been a false alarm. Thank you.