Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,254 Members 36,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][8.4/10.1/12.2 WiFi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **ProPlus V2** [4.4.2][NG4][8/29]

Tip us?

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; Yesterday at 10:19 AM.) Reason: NEW PRO PLUS V2!!!
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][8.4/10.1/12.2 WiFi/LTE][ALL WIDGETS ANYWHERE] **ProPlus V2** [4.4.2][NG4][8/29]

Well here it is ladies & gentlemen...i would like to present to u the first rom i've ever made! Just to be clear i am NOT a dev by any means...just another enthusiastic user looking to make a few improvements to his device so i & others may enjoy it more. I guess i should start out by saying that i created this rom for personal use simply so i wouldnt have to individually reapply every mod after a fresh firmware flash...my main motivation in doing so is to add back functions that samsung saw fit to remove from our tab (quadview) or only add to specific variants (users). So, while i will be open to suggestions to make this a better rom, i'm not actually interested in making it "pretty" with cosmetic changes since my first focus will be function over form...however anyone with expertise in theming is more than welcome to create flashable packages if u would like to. The only thing that has been removed is knox but i'm sure u can find a list of apks that are safe to eliminate elsewhere on xda (u can delete the files directly from the zip or uninstall after u flash)...with this being the first version of my first rom EVER please dont expect anything too fancy so for now just consider this a "stock plus stuff" WIP & with that beiing said i will now release for the rest of my fellow tab pro owners ProPlus V2!

ROM FEATURES! (see screenshots in second post)
  1. Rooted
  2. Deodexed
  3. BusyBox
  4. Init.d
  5. No Knox (this is the only thing that has been removed...anything else will need to be deleted from the zip or uninstalled after flash)
  6. QuadView (4-way multiwindow found in 12.2 note pro....thx @xperiacle)
  7. Lock Screen Cards (google now like cards on lockscreen...found in "settings-device-lockscreen")
  8. Screen Mirrror w/ custom recovery/kernel (stock will NOT work with TWRP/CWM installed...thx @esgie for modded file)
  9. Assistive Light Widget (adds led flashlight which can ONLY be added from widget drawer...does NOT show in launcher widget list)
  10. Multi User (already present in wifi version but mysteriously missing from the LTE variant...found in "settings-general-users")
  11. SDfix (apps can now write to external memory...no need for playstore fix)
  12. Lock Screen Widgets! (FINALLY figured out how to re-enable these...thx @Goldie for the info)
  13. MultiWindow Mods (added the ability to use MOST apps in floating mode as well as more than one copy at the same time WITHOUT needing another app...also automatically adds all apps on your device to the availability list)
  14. Stock Widgets in ANY Launcher! (now use the stock samsung magazine widgets in your favorite launcher or on the lockscreen...see pics in post #2 below)

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
  1. Root (may be optional...listed just to be safe)
  2. Flash custom recovery
  3. Copy rom to device
  4. Boot into recovery, install, & wipe both caches
  5. Download Supersu from playstore & update "su" binay (choose "normal" method when asked...this step MAY be optional)

KNOWN ISSUES! (these are problems on the Tab S version...may not be true for the tab pro so please report)
1. lockscreen widgets can only be deleted in portrait orientation
2. music widget has no buttons & gallery widget is blank when used with other launchers

ATTN: If any 10.1 & 12.2 users would like to try this rom i'm uploading dedicated versions for each variant but please test & report back...although wifi owners will still have the unnecessary telephony apps to remove as well as a possible useless data signal icon in your status bar.

DOWNLOAD NEW ProPlus V2! (i will try to finish the 10.1 & 12.2 versions this week but no promises)

I APOLOGIZE GUYS...LINK BACK UP IN A FEW MINUTES
*Tab 8.4 Wifi/LTE ProPlusV2 (this zip works for both the T320 & T325...u can attempt to test on the lte versions ONLY of the 10.1 & 12.2 but wifi MAY not work)

Old V1 links

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538837
^8.4 LTE SM-T325

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7y...it?usp=sharing
^8.4 WiFi SM-T320 (u will need to download the full T325 rom above then replace the files in the zip with the ones from this package)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538674
^10.1 LTE SM-T525 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23578570567713697
^10.1 WiFi SM-T520 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539746]
^12.2 LTE SM-T905 (test)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358538985
^12.2 WiFi SM-T900 (test)

^STOCK NB7 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 8.4 LTE SM-T325 ONLY!)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358540203
^STOCK ND1 FIRMWARE (just in case something goes wrong flash this with odin...this is for 10.1 WiFi SM-T520 ONLY!)
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
(Last edited by THEDEVIOUS1; Yesterday at 08:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Default Screen shots & feature descriptions of Pro Plus V2 rom

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-15-21-12-54.jpg
Views:	4896
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	2746300
if u look at the middle of the screen u will notice the "assistive light" widget...no need for other flashlight apps now

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-00-00.png
Views:	3487
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	2746195
this is the "lock screen card" menu...the 5 options require certain apps be used to display the info
  1. Weather (must be using accuweather widget on a homescreen...see next photo)
  2. Schedule (must be using splanner app to sync events...see next photo)
  3. News (not sure which app supplies the data to this card...any user who discovers this please post so i can update this info
  4. Social (same as above...please post if u know)
  5. Email (must be using stock mail app...see next photo)

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-04-54.jpg
Views:	3488
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	2746196
u will notice the multi user icons in the top right corner of the lockscreen which allow u to change profiles similar to a windows pc where u can have separate settings for other accounts...at the bottom of the screen are the email, weather, & schedule lockscreen cards mentioned above which i assume are supposed to take the place of the locksreen widgets which as we all know samsung has removed in 4.4.2 (i'm working on adding those back as well but no promises)

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-15-19-08-52.jpg
Views:	3316
Size:	262.1 KB
ID:	2746197
This is really the ONLY thing i personally wanted that was missing from the tab...the quadview or 4-way multiwindow mode from the note pro 12.2 which, as u can see, allows us to now have 4 apps simultaneously and also to save them as a shortcut on the flashbar (multiwindow launcher)

Name:  lockscreen widgets.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  81.9 KB
this is "hd widgets" being shown on the lockscreen...to add more widgets simply swipe right on your clock & u will see the "plus" icon which brings up the list

Name:  photocopy.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  67.6 KB
although this screenshot APPEARS to be a regular magazine home page in the touch wiz launcher if u look a lil closer then you will notice the dock with the app icons...now all of your stock samsung widgets can be used used in the your favorite launcher such nova or apex as well as om the lockscreen

Name:  multi-instance.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  87.3 KB
ok i know what you're thinking...either "exactly how many browser windows do u need" or "how confused are u with all of that contradictory news" As u have guessed...V2 now includes the ability to have more than one copy of the same app open at the same time
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to THEDEVIOUS1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hkleomap
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hero!!!!

Gunthermic
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,189

DONATE TO ME
Very nice...

Wanna Chat? Looking for theming advice, answers..
Join me at -> guntherm66@gmail.com Use Gtalk to Join!
Team BlackOut Email: teamblackoutapps@gmail.com
Average Joes Team Memebers: Me, jonathanphx1, dan_joegibbsf, strongsteve
Team BlackOut Memebers: Me, B-Boy, DJ, Trapv and more
The Following User Says Thank You to Gunthermic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lasset
Old
(Last edited by lasset; 16th May 2014 at 10:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Made a clean install of the rom via TWRP, wiped Dalvik and cash, rebooted. The reboot end up in Download mode??
Come from this rom, Debloated - Rooted -DeOdex - Knoxless - T320XAR1ANAI - (04/05/14).
What Im doing wrong?

Sorry!! Tried to install the rom at my T320WiFi. Sorry
Lasse T

THEDEVIOUS1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 792

DONATE TO ME
Default Tab pro 8.4 wifi sm-t320 kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasset View Post
Made a clean install of the rom via TWRP, wiped Dalvik and cash, rebooted. The reboot end up in Download mode??
Come from this rom, Debloated - Rooted -DeOdex - Knoxless - T320XAR1ANAI - (04/05/14).
What Im doing wrong?

Sorry!! Tried to install the rom at my T320WiFi. Sorry
If u would still like to try this rom then just replace the boot.img in the zip with the one below and that SHOULD work...although u will still have the unnecessary telephony apps to remove as well as a possible useless data signal icon in your status bar

^ TAB PRO 8.4 WIFI SM-T320 KERNEL

lasset
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Ok, thanks I will try your rom. Thanks!
Lasse T

megatooth
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Nice.Suggestion to make: call recorder instead of add call. With wanam xposed don't work.

LowaEastSide
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Thumbs up Wow You Did it..!!!

Ive Been Running the ProPlus V1 ever since the day you Dropped it on me, its been running great, no issues what so ever.... Great Job, any way you can add the Note 3 Transparent Weather / Clock, and would it be possible to add any features from the s5, that would be HOTTT. Thanksss ALOT.
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..

geogetski666
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thnx for the custom rom been looking for 1 to try on my lte pro tab for a while now your a god sent thanx )

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Tags
4.4.2, custom, lte, sm-t325, tab pro