Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REQUEST][FTF] UK generic 17.1.A.2.55

Tip us?

wroenadinho
Old
Thanks Meter 1
this is the real UK Generic then. What's the difference to the FR Generic?

do you also flash it through flashtool as normal, as my bootloader is locked.

Thanks

SaintyUK
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Probably very little differences such as bookmarks and pre-installed apps. Also obviously the default language

Yes just flash using flashtool. As it's official it will work perfectly with a locked bootloader.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

edge3uk
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I flashed this last night. English UK is the default language and jeux gameloft icon is not there. It's exactly what I'd expect a UK rom to be. I'm very happy with it.

Kamran9558
Old
(Last edited by Kamran9558; 15th May 2014 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Guys, Please bare with me if i am asking a stupid question as I am new to sony devices so have a lot of confusion. My device has a 3 Firmware on it but I want to get the UK Generic one.
I have downloaded the file posted in this thread and would want to know what exactly can be the cons of flashing it?
will i lose any DRM keys or X reality or anything by doing that or is it totally safe?.
Also if i backup all my data using sony's backup app, would I be able to restore it after flashing the Generic file.

iRimas
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamran9558 View Post
Guys, Please bare with me if i am asking a stupid question as I am new to sony devices so have a lot of confusion. My device has a 3 Firmware on it but I want to get the UK Generic one.
I have downloaded the file posted in this thread and would want to know what exactly can be the cons of flashing it?
will i lose any DRM keys or X reality or anything by doing that or is it totally safe?.
Also if i backup all my data using sony's backup app, would I be able to restore it after flashing the Generic file.
As far as i know its totally Safe. after you flashing if you think something will go wrong you can use PCC and repair as well . it means it is safe to flash . you wont loose anything.

Thank you very much.

Kamran9558
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRimas View Post
As far as i know its totally Safe. after you flashing if you think something will go wrong you can use PCC and repair as well . it means it is safe to flash . you wont loose anything.

Thank you very much.
Thats a relief, and would i be able to restore everything back using the Backup and Restore app?

iRimas
Old
Thanks Meter 453
Yes you can. Enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to iRimas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kamran9558
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRimas View Post
Yes you can. Enjoy

Thanks man

prazvt
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote: