Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sprint Roms work on Virgin mobile s3?

OP Trozzul

15th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
i see that the Galaxy s3 (virgin mobile) is getting cheaper on amazon and i would like to buy it but since its virgin mobile i doubt there would be many roms for it. i did a little research and i see that the sprint has the same model number as virgin, i also saw a thread where someone tried to flash sprint Cyanogenmod onto a virgin s3 and worked. pretty much my question is, will Sprint roms work on my virgin s3? or would someone recommend i go for another phone all together, i have been thinking about a LG phone or either a Sony xperia SP/ZL/Z.
15th May 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,115

15,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes all Sprint ROMs work on VM and Boost.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Yes all Sprint ROMs work on VM and Boost.

is there any specific things i need todo? maybe flash the boot.img separately? im not using it for phone service.
15th May 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,807

3,426 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

is there any specific things i need todo? maybe flash the boot.img separately? im not using it for phone service.

What ROM are you wanting to install? You need to do the same things to do that a Sprint customer needs to, no difference. No difference whether using for phone service or not.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.
Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 15th May 2014 at 10:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

What ROM are you wanting to install? You need to do the same things to do that a Sprint customer needs to, no difference. No difference whether using for phone service or not.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII with M.O.A.R. v9.0, dkp kernel dated 3/20/2014 and TWRP v2.7.0.0.

i dont have the device yet so im not sure on a rom i will use, i have yet to use samsungs new 4.3/4.4 stock rom i might keep it up on that. i own a t989 Galaxy s2, im guessing same process? no locked bootloaders? i dont remember if some of the s3's came with a locked bootloader, maybe it was the s4's
15th May 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 29,115

15,866 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i dont have the device yet so im not sure on a rom i will use, i have yet to use samsungs new 4.3/4.4 stock rom i might keep it up on that. i own a t989 Galaxy s2, im guessing same process? no locked bootloaders? i dont remember if some of the s3's came with a locked bootloader, maybe it was the s4's

Odin recovery, flash root... Pretty easy. No locked Bootloader that's AT&T and Verizon

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Odin recovery, flash root... Pretty easy. No locked Bootloader that's AT&T and Verizon

thought so, AT&T and Verizon can be pretty harsh. not sure what made them do this all of a sudden. Greed?
16th May 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #8  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 180

831 posts
More
Quote:

If you flash any Sprint ROM, you may get assert errors in custom recovery. To fix this you must remove all asserts from ROM, rezip, then flash.
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

If you flash any Sprint ROM, you may get assert errors in custom recovery. To fix this you must remove all asserts from ROM, rezip, then flash.

so i had this problem with my Galaxy captivate i would get the assert errors/error status 7, and when i did remove the asserts. i would get a status 6 error. and nobody would help me out, i googled it and not much came up
16th May 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #10  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 180

831 posts
More
Quote:

so i had this problem with my Galaxy captivate i would get the assert errors/error status 7, and when i did remove the asserts. i would get a status 6 error. and nobody would help me out, i googled it and not much came up

I just did it to a Boost S3 a month ago. Now runs AOSB flawlessly, except for only having 3g and MMS or 4g and no MMS. Virgin and Boost kinda the same.

sent from my GS3

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread