[Q] 3.17.651.5 Install Routes

OP FesterCluck

15th May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Last night I started receiving notifications for 3.17.651.5. Being S-OFF, rooted, and using TWRP it, of course, does not install due to non-stock recovery. What's the best route for me to get this installed? Due to the bug severity I'm okay with having to re-root or even temporarily lose root while a new ROM is built.
15th May 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 1,945

3,633 posts
Donate to Me
More
See my reply in the thread below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748154

Also, it's highly unlikely anybody will build a ROM based off this particular update. Most devs are working on Android 4.3 or have moved on to new and better devices. You can root the .5 ROM once you've updated-you just won't have access to some of the features a custom ROM may offer.

Sent from my HTC device
Last edited by Magnum_Enforcer; 15th May 2014 at 03:13 PM.
16th May 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Thanks. I'm aware of the consequences, but patching heartbleed is just too fanned important. The stock browser is susceptible to th reverse attack, and from what I'm seeing in the update so were a host of other system apps. I'll link to the thread with a list once I'm done building it.

As for 'moving on', I'm certain we'll see some activity here abit longer. We just got kernel source, and this device has so much more to offer.

That being said, I can't wait to m8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer

See my reply in the thread below:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2748154

Also, it's highly unlikely anybody will build a ROM based off this particular update. Most devs are working on Android 4.3 or have moved on to new and better devices. You can root the .5 ROM once you've updated-you just won't have access to some of the features a custom ROM may offer.

Sent from my HTC device

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread