Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.2 Failed - Recover Device Back to JB?

Tip us?

RedVR6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] 4.4.2 Failed - Recover Device Back to JB?

Hi All….received the 4.4.2 download this morning on my RMHD and ran through the install. At reboot the phone got stuck on the Red Moto logo… I let it sit for nearly 45 minutes, assuming it was doing its thing in the background. But at that point I figured it was safe to assume something got hosed. I rebooted back into recovery and did a factory reset. That wound up making things worse…now am in a boot loop between the logo and the Android triage guy (recovery)….
Phone was rooted and locked. And I am complete understanding that I was losing root with this OTA. Been reading all posts in here….please ‘flog’ me if I missed something.

With that said…I have two questions on recovering the device.

1) Can I simply download and copy one of the JB images from the Motorola Firmware site to my SD card and install via recovery (since my recovery appears to be OK)?

2) Or should I/need I follow procedures using RSDLite? And recover this way?

Any comments are appreciated!

Thanks

Doug

RedVR6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Never mind. iBolski's thread "Official KK OTA for 9.30.1 (XT926) users - please read" in the general forum looks like it might do the trick for me...and I won't be able to go to a previous (JB) Android version. This looks easy enough.

Playb3yond
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have the same issue except I'm in need of a .zip or set of files for the modem firmware that I need to flash in 4.4.2 183.x.x Stock because I tried to downgrade to 9.30.1 jb and the firmware and the modem downgraded. Could someone create a package I can flash in stock recovery to restore my Droid Razr Maxx HD to to 4.4.2 183.x.x