Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,012 Members 53,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video camera freezes

Tip us?

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Default Video camera freezes

Camera works fine but as soon as you click video it locks up and after a minute or so gives the error "recording has failed". Two different roms (full wipe), several different cameras, tried pulling the sd card, no joy.

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Nothing?

paolofat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
Camera works fine but as soon as you click video it locks up and after a minute or so gives the error "recording has failed". Two different roms (full wipe), several different cameras, tried pulling the sd card, no joy.
I'm having the same problem of video recording failing. I believe it started as a result of my trying different modems while running firenote. Try as I may with going back to to the mj5 modem (flashing either thru SS or Odin), changing video capture settings, changing my ext card or saving to my int card, video recording still locks up and fails. Frustrating ! It may have something to do with the NON.HLOS file, but I don't know how to work with it.

Gary02468
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9wire View Post
Camera works fine but as soon as you click video it locks up and after a minute or so gives the error "recording has failed".
I used to get that problem prior to the OTA KK update, but never since the update.

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Called ATT, I'm getting a new phone under warranty. I would also occasionally get "server error, please restart camera" which brings up alot of results on google but no solutions.Hope the new phone is 4.3...

paolofat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Before I consider OTA KK updating (shudder!) I'll try the mj5 restore process .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolofat View Post
Before I consider OTA KK updating (shudder!) I'll try the mj5 restore process .

I installed Megas mj5 restore files in a new slot and ghe camera still didn't work. Flashed new roms with full wipe and nothing.

paolofat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried Meja's mj5 restore files as well without success. I'm going to try evilpotatoman's mj5 restore method.

9wire
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolofat View Post
I tried Meja's mj5 restore files as well without success. I'm going to try evilpotatoman's mj5 restore method.

Update?

paolofat
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I will wait till this weekend to try the restore. It seems a bit complicated and tricky to me with a long thread that I want to read thru 1st. I want to be prepared for the "worst", i.e., unbricking my phone. I'll report success or failure in regards to this video recording failure after I do the restore. Again in my case it seemed to have occurred after I was trying out different modems, but I could be wrong about that.