Video camera freezes

Search This thread

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Camera works fine but as soon as you click video it locks up and after a minute or so gives the error "recording has failed". Two different roms (full wipe), several different cameras, tried pulling the sd card, no joy.

paolofat

May 4, 2008
Northern California
Camera works fine but as soon as you click video it locks up and after a minute or so gives the error "recording has failed". Two different roms (full wipe), several different cameras, tried pulling the sd card, no joy.

I'm having the same problem of video recording failing. I believe it started as a result of my trying different modems while running firenote. Try as I may with going back to to the mj5 modem (flashing either thru SS or Odin), changing video capture settings, changing my ext card or saving to my int card, video recording still locks up and fails. Frustrating ! It may have something to do with the NON.HLOS file, but I don't know how to work with it.

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
Called ATT, I'm getting a new phone under warranty. I would also occasionally get "server error, please restart camera" which brings up alot of results on google but no solutions.Hope the new phone is 4.3...

paolofat

May 4, 2008
Northern California
I will wait till this weekend to try the restore. It seems a bit complicated and tricky to me with a long thread that I want to read thru 1st. I want to be prepared for the "worst", i.e., unbricking my phone. I'll report success or failure in regards to this video recording failure after I do the restore. Again in my case it seemed to have occurred after I was trying out different modems, but I could be wrong about that.

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
New phone came today, rooted and restored my backup and video works. Had to be hardware, I'm thinking.

paolofat

May 4, 2008
Northern California
Well it could be a hardware problem or else something that restored backups or SS implemented ROMS do not overwrite. Anyway I'll report the outcome of my mj5 restore attempt this weekend.

paolofat

May 4, 2008
Northern California
Success! Video recording freeze fixed !!!

Well it could be a hardware problem or else something that restored backups or SS implemented ROMS do not overwrite. Anyway I'll report the outcome of my mj5 restore attempt this weekend.

Did the evilpotatoeman mj5 restore http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715 and it fixed the video recorder freezing problem. So in my case it was some file corruption (I think when I was trying different modems). Overwriting everything solved the problem ( crude but effective ). :good:

Reactions: TJBilyk and 9wire

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Success! Video recording freeze fixed !!!

Did the evilpotatoeman mj5 restore http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715 and it fixed the video recorder freezing problem. So in my case it was some file corruption (I think when I was trying different modems). Overwriting everything solved the problem ( crude but effective ). :good: