[Unconfirmed][ROOT]Moto E

Search This thread

Lucas Eugene

Wait.... you may have to unlock your boot loader first

Warning : Unlocking bootloader voids your warranty

I am unsure whether this method works or not. But I have seen Framaroot work on other devices running the same specs but you can try. But I think we'll first need permissions from moto to unlock moto E

Last edited:
Reactions: SalimPS

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
Wait so you've declared its rooted, then said you don't know whether it will work or not. Please do not mislead users this way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lucas Eugene

Wait so you've declared its rooted, then said you don't know whether it will work or not. Please do not mislead users this way.

I'm not misleading anybody. I am just suggesting if anyone wants to try it they can.
But I'm not as of now a 100% sure this would work.
Since this worked on other devices with same chipset I think it should work here too.

cybojenix

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2012
You are. The first words the user reads is [ROOT]Moto E. Which means this is a rooting guide. The next ones they read are a deceleration of "MOTO E ROOTED". Can you please change the wording. Thank you.

Lucas Eugene

You are. The first words the user reads is [ROOT]Moto E. Which means this is a rooting guide. The next ones they read are a deceleration of "MOTO E ROOTED". Can you please change the wording. Thank you.

+1

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk

Please do not mislead others. It would be nice if you can change the heading and the content.

Sorry guys didn't meant to disappoint you. I've changed the title. Thank you. I will be looking forward to try this on my moto E when it comes and will update thereafter. Thank you and sorry again

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
I would like to remind everyone that XDA is a "USE AT YOUR OWN RISK" site.

The OP now has warnings in it for a reason.

If you are willing to risk the damage to your phone proceed with caution.

I will add that most development starts with a few "bumps" in the road so hold on tightly ;)

If you have further issues in regards to my post, then please PM me

Reactions: Lucas Eugene

m11kkaa

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2011

I will add that most development starts with a few "bumps" in the road so hold on tightly ;)

shouldn't this thread be move to development section ?

noeticdm

May 15, 2014
Half Way

I followed the steps to unlock my bootloader of Moto E first as instructed in official Motorola website. They sent me mail with unlock code by checking my device id. Process was just like Moto G. But after that I installed custom recovery like CWM and TWRP meant for Moto G in fastboot mode. But Every time, when I try to boot into recovery mode after flashing it's showing 'Mismatching Partition Size' and then 'Boot failed'. No custom recovery of Moto G worked and I got the same message. I think we need a specific custom recovery written for Moto E. Even I can revert to my stock recovery too! Can developers please help me ragarding this custom recovery mode issue of Moto E? Assistance appreciated.

Last edited:

m11kkaa

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2011
I followed the steps to unlock my bootloader first today of Moto E as instructed in official Motorola website. They sent me mail with unlock code by checking my device id. Process was just like Moto G. But after that I installed custom recovery like CWM and TWRP meant for Moto G in fastboot mode. But Every time, when I try to boot into recovery mode after flashing it's showing 'Mismatching Partition Size' and then 'Boot failed'. No custom recovery of Moto G worked and I got the same message. I think we need a specific custom recovery written for Moto E. Even I can revert back to my stock recovery too! Can developers please help me ragarding this custom recovery mode issue of Moto E? Assistance appreciated.

This couldn't have worked because Moto G has a different CPU.
Until we'll get a flashable stock firmware or someone with root will dump the recovery partition there's no way to fix your phone.

But it's great to hear that unlocking is possible now.

noeticdm

May 15, 2014
This couldn't have worked because Moto G has a different CPU.
Until we'll get a flashable stock firmware or someone with root will dump the recovery partition there's no way to fix your phone.

But it's great to hear that unlocking is possible now.

Yes I unlocked the bootloader successfully. But thing is that I try to root it at any cost. There is no intention of getting the stock one back. I need custom one meant for moto e which will install SU.zip at ease. Actually net 2.21GB internal memory is too low to work on heavy games. Even with this Adreno 302 GPU it is handling games like Asphal8 8 quite well. So root is absolute need!! Developers, please help.

noeticdm

May 15, 2014
Screenshot where I stuck!

boot_failure.jpg

Reactions: m11kkaa

munchy_cool

Apr 6, 2008
void (0)
I followed the steps to unlock my bootloader of Moto E first as instructed in official Motorola website. They sent me mail with unlock code by checking my device id. Process was just like Moto G. But after that I installed custom recovery like CWM and TWRP meant for Moto G in fastboot mode. But Every time, when I try to boot into recovery mode after flashing it's showing 'Mismatching Partition Size' and then 'Boot failed'. No custom recovery of Moto G worked and I got the same message. I think we need a specific custom recovery written for Moto E. Even I can revert to my stock recovery too! Can developers please help me ragarding this custom recovery mode issue of Moto E? Assistance appreciated.

You can brick your device by flashing a recovery from another device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

noeticdm

May 15, 2014
You can brick your device by flashing a recovery from another device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeh I knew. But I just tried to root it desperately. Hope, developers should come with better and proper solution soon for this newly launched device. But my device is not briked. It's working fine in normal boot. Just recovery mode is not booting up. Even as there is no stock firmwire available for Moto E as of now over the web I couldn't get the stock recovery. So I said I am in half way.
Is it like that at no time I can change the state of my present situation of recovery mode even if there is specific custom recovery for Moto E released in future??!!

Lucas Eugene

Thank You Sir.

I do understand the cautions by the users. So I would be soon updating this thread as I will be getting my Moto E.

Also I don't think this method has the potential to brick the device.

Thank You
Falcon G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

cough cough...

l9R7XIv.png

Code:
    shell@condor_umts:/ $ su
    root@condor_umts:/ #
    MOTO E Experimental Root. Not sure if it works. Try on your own risk

This guide helps you to root your Moto E

1) Install Framaroot
    2) Use Gandalf exploit to root your device
    Wait.... you may have to unlock your boot loader first

Warning : Unlocking bootloader voids your warranty

I am unsure whether this method works or not. But I have seen Framaroot work on other devices running the same specs but you can try. But I think we'll first need permissions from moto to unlock moto E
    Thanks a lot for the guide. Good work :) I did read it before. All I m concerned is about the warranty as I got this phone for my Dad. Is there an alternate way in which root can be achieved without unlocking the BL. Like a modified system.img or some exploits ?

Hmm there was an expoit to root without unlocking but it falied to work. And Unlocking the bootloader won't void your warranty if you live in Europe.Even here in USA my friend once bricked his moto g and he easily claimed his warranty. It should be the same for moto e.

lol but we need recovery to flash roms

Sent from my XT1022 using XDA Free mobile app

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754486

Here's a recovery ;)