Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 47,340 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Remove touchwiz lockscreen?

Tip us?

captainradish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Remove touchwiz lockscreen?

I have been searching for a solution to this forever, but cannot find one. I want to completely and utterly remove the Touchwiz lockscreen and replace it with the stock one. I know it is doable as I found instructions for how to do it, but they were unfortunately rather over my head. Is there an easy way to do this?

Please note, I am not talking about simply disabling it and replacing it with some third-party unit from the play store. I'm talking mucking around in the /system folder and deleting it entirely.

Thanks.

gregsarg
Old
Thanks Meter 3446
Could you link the information ???
That would help the group understand what you are looking at. ..

And allow us to help you more. ..
These guys are sharp...and may recognize the procedure by sight. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
" There are Givers, and there are Takers. Be a Giver, and these things will come back to you. "......................g

And please, donate to your favorite developer...
Without them, we'd be writing on rocks with a stick...g

eZdubzitmk4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4077

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainradish View Post
I have been searching for a solution to this forever, but cannot find one. I want to completely and utterly remove the Touchwiz lockscreen and replace it with the stock one. I know it is doable as I found instructions for how to do it, but they were unfortunately rather over my head. Is there an easy way to do this?

Please note, I am not talking about simply disabling it and replacing it with some third-party unit from the play store. I'm talking mucking around in the /system folder and deleting it entirely.

Thanks.

That IS the stock lock screen....do you mean you want aosp lock screen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
<---Click!
<-

aarongillion63
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainradish View Post

Thanks.
To answer your question, no, it's not this easy. Lockscreen simply does not fall into a certain file or folder. It is tied into framework-res, SystemUI, and Settings.apk. Removing as much as you can will likely break Android OS as this is a system level thing and is tightly integrated. Your only option is disabling. If you can't disable it thru settings, where you set it to none but it's still slide to unlock, you can use Tasker and an on-boot profile to disable keyguard action. That will cause your device to show launcher when you click power button.

Hope this helps,

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Free mobile app