OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
More
Not nessessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill

But overclocking only makes your phone dying LOL :P

You are wrong. OC may decrease your phones lifetime but manufacturers never push their products to their limits. There is always possibility to OC little bit but not too much. Too much OC will harm your phone. But we can do always something. Proof of that with bcm21553 is that there are phones with frequency 1Ghz by default.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vohukain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #13  
Reim Empire :P
Thanks Meter: 233

311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain

You are wrong. OC may decrease your phones lifetime but manufacturers never push their products to their limits. There is always possibility to OC little bit but not too much. Too much OC will harm your phone. But we can do always something. Proof of that with bcm21553 is that there are phones with frequency 1Ghz by default.

But it is the best when your phone is operated with normal setting. Remmember, our phone is low end phone, everything is below average .
10th May 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #14  
Flag Bhilai
Thanks Meter: 23

147 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill

But it is the best when your phone is operated with normal setting. Remmember, our phone is low end phone, everything is below average .

So should'nt I use custom Governors or I/O Schedulers?
10th May 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
More
Proof it!
I have now read to whole development thead of merruk kernel. I figured out that there are only couple guys saying that oc is not working. Maroc-os and others never said that is not working. I'm not dev but I figured out that there was some problems with bcm21533 lock code (HW something) but I guess that mMroc-os made it (semi) working. So why people are saying that it's not working. Where are yours proof?
12th May 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #16  
Flag Sao Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain

Can you tell me why they (OC) are placebo? Does it have something to with that bcm21553 has some lock code at 832Mhz? But why there are phone with same CPU at 1Ghz? If those phones are 1Ghz why s5360 cannot be oc atleast 1Ghz?

T968 : CPU: 32bit Broadcom
BCM21553, 1GHz
Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA : CPU:
32bit Broadcom BCM21553, 1GHz

Edit:

Axiom 1.0 (1.2Ghz): Sources are from eve and people say it's not working --> Not working?
Eve.121_4 (1.2Ghz): Developer itself says "don't know its working or not" and people say it's not working --> Not working? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
Jarvis v2.2 #29 (1.2Ghz): People say it's not working --> Not working? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
Merruk 2.5 (1.2Ghz): Some people say that it is the only one working and some say it's not working --> Works? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
MerrukTechnology 2.0 PRE-FINAL (1024Mhz): I don't know
Merruk beta (OVERCLOCK SGY.zip) (900Mhz): People say it's not working but bogoMIPS shows 900.05 (tested myself) --> Works?

someone took into account what I said? Would not there a way to check the cpu clock? I tested the kernel merruk and Jarvis also both when applied 1248Mhz literally accelerate small GY.
Not so dev but if I remember well the only thing that prevents the oc Gy would not that file apuclock something? (remember that time does not move with the gy sources).
14th May 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 11

98 posts
More
Try this.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2384985
overclock to 1.2GHZ.
16th May 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #18  
Flag Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Thanks Meter: 472

1,029 posts
More
Simple way to check is first be at normal 832MHz and do a benchmark.
Then switch OC kernel and set OC at max. Do another benchmark.
DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANYTHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOUR PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Compare both benchmark scores.
That will sort out the thing whether OC is real boost or just a placebo.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread