Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overclock

Tip us?

GalKill
Old
Thanks Meter 231
But overclocking only makes your phone dying LOL :P

IT'S NOT ABOUT RECOGNITION OR
THE NUMBER OF THANKS YOU
RECEIVE, IT'S ABOUT THE
CONTRIBUTION YOU GIVE TO THE
COMMUNITY.

Vohukain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Not nessessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill View Post
But overclocking only makes your phone dying LOL :P
You are wrong. OC may decrease your phones lifetime but manufacturers never push their products to their limits. There is always possibility to OC little bit but not too much. Too much OC will harm your phone. But we can do always something. Proof of that with bcm21553 is that there are phones with frequency 1Ghz by default.
s5360: [ROM] Hyperion 9 GM Final, [Kernel] Savie #73 | s5660: [ROM] CM10.2 JB 4.2.2 | Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic: [CFW] OpTimisT
The Following User Says Thank You to Vohukain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalKill
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain View Post
You are wrong. OC may decrease your phones lifetime but manufacturers never push their products to their limits. There is always possibility to OC little bit but not too much. Too much OC will harm your phone. But we can do always something. Proof of that with bcm21553 is that there are phones with frequency 1Ghz by default.
But it is the best when your phone is operated with normal setting. Remmember, our phone is low end phone, everything is below average .

IT'S NOT ABOUT RECOGNITION OR
THE NUMBER OF THANKS YOU
RECEIVE, IT'S ABOUT THE
CONTRIBUTION YOU GIVE TO THE
COMMUNITY.

sameer.n.soni
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalKill View Post
But it is the best when your phone is operated with normal setting. Remmember, our phone is low end phone, everything is below average .
So should'nt I use custom Governors or I/O Schedulers?
Press thanks if I helped you instead of typing it. Isn't it a lot more simpler!

My Device

My Phone: Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Current ROM: CM 11

My works

Vohukain
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Proof it!

I have now read to whole development thead of merruk kernel. I figured out that there are only couple guys saying that oc is not working. Maroc-os and others never said that is not working. I'm not dev but I figured out that there was some problems with bcm21533 lock code (HW something) but I guess that mMroc-os made it (semi) working. So why people are saying that it's not working. Where are yours proof?
s5360: [ROM] Hyperion 9 GM Final, [Kernel] Savie #73 | s5660: [ROM] CM10.2 JB 4.2.2 | Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic: [CFW] OpTimisT

BryanByteZ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vohukain View Post
Can you tell me why they (OC) are placebo? Does it have something to with that bcm21553 has some lock code at 832Mhz? But why there are phone with same CPU at 1Ghz? If those phones are 1Ghz why s5360 cannot be oc atleast 1Ghz?

T968 : CPU: 32bit Broadcom
BCM21553, 1GHz
Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA : CPU:
32bit Broadcom BCM21553, 1GHz

Edit:

Axiom 1.0 (1.2Ghz): Sources are from eve and people say it's not working --> Not working?
Eve.121_4 (1.2Ghz): Developer itself says "don't know its working or not" and people say it's not working --> Not working? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
Jarvis v2.2 #29 (1.2Ghz): People say it's not working --> Not working? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
Merruk 2.5 (1.2Ghz): Some people say that it is the only one working and some say it's not working --> Works? (Any proofs bogoMIPS or FLOPS?)
MerrukTechnology 2.0 PRE-FINAL (1024Mhz): I don't know
Merruk beta (OVERCLOCK SGY.zip) (900Mhz): People say it's not working but bogoMIPS shows 900.05 (tested myself) --> Works?
someone took into account what I said? Would not there a way to check the cpu clock? I tested the kernel merruk and Jarvis also both when applied 1248Mhz literally accelerate small GY.
Not so dev but if I remember well the only thing that prevents the oc Gy would not that file apuclock something? (remember that time does not move with the gy sources).
Samsung Galaxy S5360B | Custom Rom:ZER0 Byte By Me | Custom Kernel:ZER0 Byte By Me |
Motorola Moto G XT1033 |Stock Rom | Stock Kernel
Sorry Bad English.
Let's Hack a Droid......

ChristianMonteon
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2384985
overclock to 1.2GHZ.

hnkotnis
Old
Thanks Meter 436
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Simple way to check is first be at normal 832MHz and do a benchmark.
Then switch OC kernel and set OC at max. Do another benchmark.
DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANYTHING BAD HAPPENED TO YOUR PHONE. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Compare both benchmark scores.
That will sort out the thing whether OC is real boost or just a placebo.