Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GT i9505 not playing any type of video whatsoever

Tip us?

pauloalexxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GT i9505 not playing any type of video whatsoever

Hi All
Iīve been using omega rom for a while in my galaxy s4 and decided to update to a newer version of the omega rom and when I did all hell broke loose on my phone, screen rotation is not working canīt play any video or audio file at all, camera takes photos but doesnīt record video and youtube videos stay on loading for ever other than that everything else apears to be fine. Tried factory reset, installing different roms and all behave the same and noone play videos. Iīm currently using a 4.2.2. cyanogem mod rom. Any clues about this anyone?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Flash a 4.2.2 STOCK Rom and take a look if everything goes ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

pauloalexxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981 View Post
Flash a 4.2.2 STOCK Rom and take a look if everything goes ok.
That's what im gonna do when I get home in a while. Can I flash via philztouch or cwm recovery or it has to be via Odin?

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 554

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloalexxx View Post
That's what im gonna do when I get home in a while. Can I flash via philztouch or cwm recovery or it has to be via Odin?
Via Odin coz is the stock ROM, no a custom ROM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA

pauloalexxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Did a fresh install of stock 4.4.2 via odin it went without any issues but did not fix the problems. It still wont play audio or video files auto rotation not working youtube videos dont load and when in camera i cant film just take pictures. What should I do?

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,035

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloalexxx View Post
Did a fresh install of stock 4.4.2 via odin it went without any issues but did not fix the problems. It still wont play audio or video files auto rotation not working youtube videos dont load and when in camera i cant film just take pictures. What should I do?
Hi,

What is your Modem file? Sometimes when flashing stock modem isn't flashed rightly, I had a signal issue when using a 4.4.2 ROM with a modem that wasn't supported anymore, after of I flashed a modem that my bootloader didn't support and the same problems appeared as you're having.

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

pauloalexxx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hi,

What is your Modem file? Sometimes when flashing stock modem isn't flashed rightly, I had a signal issue when using a 4.4.2 ROM with a modem that wasn't supported anymore, after of I flashed a modem that my bootloader didn't support and the same problems appeared as you're having.

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
Not sure how I check my moden file. Since yesterday I instaled 3 diferent 4.2.2 stock roms and it still has the same problems. How do i check and change modem files?