Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] GT i9505 not playing any type of video whatsoever

OP pauloalexxx

15th May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi All
Iīve been using omega rom for a while in my galaxy s4 and decided to update to a newer version of the omega rom and when I did all hell broke loose on my phone, screen rotation is not working canīt play any video or audio file at all, camera takes photos but doesnīt record video and youtube videos stay on loading for ever other than that everything else apears to be fine. Tried factory reset, installing different roms and all behave the same and noone play videos. Iīm currently using a 4.2.2. cyanogem mod rom. Any clues about this anyone?
15th May 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 644

2,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Flash a 4.2.2 STOCK Rom and take a look if everything goes ok.
15th May 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Flash a 4.2.2 STOCK Rom and take a look if everything goes ok.

That's what im gonna do when I get home in a while. Can I flash via philztouch or cwm recovery or it has to be via Odin?
15th May 2014, 09:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 644

2,069 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloalexxx

That's what im gonna do when I get home in a while. Can I flash via philztouch or cwm recovery or it has to be via Odin?

Via Odin coz is the stock ROM, no a custom ROM
15th May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Did a fresh install of stock 4.4.2 via odin it went without any issues but did not fix the problems. It still wont play audio or video files auto rotation not working youtube videos dont load and when in camera i cant film just take pictures. What should I do?
16th May 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Why do you need to know that?
Thanks Meter: 1,127

2,936 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauloalexxx

Did a fresh install of stock 4.4.2 via odin it went without any issues but did not fix the problems. It still wont play audio or video files auto rotation not working youtube videos dont load and when in camera i cant film just take pictures. What should I do?

Hi,

What is your Modem file? Sometimes when flashing stock modem isn't flashed rightly, I had a signal issue when using a 4.4.2 ROM with a modem that wasn't supported anymore, after of I flashed a modem that my bootloader didn't support and the same problems appeared as you're having.

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
16th May 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX

Hi,

What is your Modem file? Sometimes when flashing stock modem isn't flashed rightly, I had a signal issue when using a 4.4.2 ROM with a modem that wasn't supported anymore, after of I flashed a modem that my bootloader didn't support and the same problems appeared as you're having.

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10

Not sure how I check my moden file. Since yesterday I instaled 3 diferent 4.2.2 stock roms and it still has the same problems. How do i check and change modem files?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread