Thread Closed

So long XDA....

OP Juice3250

16th May 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113

441 posts
More
So long XDA community. For the record this will be my last post. I am leaving android and going to iOS. I know that many of you will think I'm going to the dark side but I don't really care what anyone thinks about my decision.

We all know that iOS isn't nearly as customizable as Android. That is exactly why I'm leaving. I'm losing productivity at work and constantly changing Roms and things on my phone.

I want to be loyal to my employer and enjoy my life and family. They are what's important to me. Not what ROM or version of Android I'm running.

I first joined XDA to improve the performance on my Droid X2 back in 2012. I've learned a lot about Android. It's strengths and its very few weaknesses. I've truly appreciated all the support I've been given and hope that I contributed somehow to this community. But, I'm hoping to move forward in my life in a new chapter with what's important to me.

I hope no one takes offense to this post but if you have a family that loves you and you feel sometimes rooting and flashing Roms takes away the time you spend with them to the point of negatively affecting your relationship with them, consider what is truly important. Maybe the hobby of customizing your device is a factor and a variable that could be taken out of the equation.

Maybe some on here don't give a rip about what I'm saying but maybe others can relate to or identify with what I'm saying and it strikes a chord inside of you. Maybe most of you know what's important in life and have a good amount of self control when it comes to your electronic devices.

I just believe that some things are worth giving up and and some things are worth investing my time and energy to.

Farewell and God Bless!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Juice3250 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Greensboro
Thanks Meter: 4,206

3,265 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice3250

So long XDA community. For the record this will be my last post. I am leaving android and going to iOS. I know that many of you will think I'm going to the dark side but I don't really care what anyone thinks about my decision.

We all know that iOS isn't nearly as customizable as Android. That is exactly why I'm leaving. I'm losing productivity at work and constantly changing Roms and things on my phone.

I want to be loyal to my employer and enjoy my life and family. They are what's important to me. Not what ROM or version of Android I'm running.

I first joined XDA to improve the performance on my Droid X2 back in 2012. I've learned a lot about Android. It's strengths and its very few weaknesses. I've truly appreciated all the support I've been given and hope that I contributed somehow to this community. But, I'm hoping to move forward in my life in a new chapter with what's important to me.

I hope no one takes offense to this post but if you have a family that loves you and you feel sometimes rooting and flashing Roms takes away the time you spend with them to the point of negatively affecting your relationship with them, consider what is truly important. Maybe the hobby of customizing your device is a factor and a variable that could be taken out of the equation.

Maybe some on here don't give a rip about what I'm saying but maybe others can relate to or identify with what I'm saying and it strikes a chord inside of you. Maybe most of you know what's important in life and have a good amount of self control when it comes to your electronic devices.

I just believe that some things are worth giving up and and some things are worth investing my time and energy to.

Farewell and God Bless!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Good Luck
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread