Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 40,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Delete SD card Partition

Tip us?
 
don_moshiur
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rajshahi
Post [Q] Delete SD card Partition

I partitioned sdext2 my SD card on my Wildfire s in CWM from recovery menu. now i want to delete sdext2 partition. How i can delete it?
 
hussey08
Old
#2  
hussey08's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 43
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lahore
Default Easy Squeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_moshiur View Post
I partitioned sdext2 my SD card on my Wildfire s in CWM from recovery menu. now i want to delete sdext2 partition. How i can delete it?
Find any old nokia phone that has a micro sd card slot and put your sd card in it. Then format the sd card using the phones file manager and voila the partition is deleted!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hussey08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
don_moshiur
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rajshahi
Thumbs up How old? Which specific model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussey08 View Post
Find any old nokia phone that has a micro sd card slot and put your sd card in it. Then format the sd card using the phones file manager and voila the partition is deleted!!
How old? Which specific model?
 
hussey08
Old
#4  
hussey08's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 43
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by don_moshiur View Post
How old? Which specific model?
Any Symbian model will do!
I personally use the Nokia 5233
The Following User Says Thank You to hussey08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kenny_cro
Old
(Last edited by Kenny_cro; 13th May 2014 at 01:18 PM.)
#5  
Kenny_cro's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Zagreb
connect your phone to PC,enable mass storage,install mini tool partition wizard on PC and open it and there you'll see your hdd and sdcard partitions,then delete sdext partition and extend the fat32 partiton of sdcard with the free space that has left after deleting sdext partition
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny_cro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#6  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
You should be Able to just format the card from recovery :/

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
Vercuromio
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
You should be Able to just format the card from recovery :/

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition is the easiest way. You can find tutorials in the web.
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#8  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercuromio View Post
MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition is the easiest way. You can find tutorials in the web.
Sorry but i can't see how? From recovery is simple.
Boot to recovery.
Select format sdcard
Wait
Profit.
Both twrp and cwm recoveries support this :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....
 
aWFSuser
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 33
Posts: 113
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Howrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man View Post
Sorry but i can't see how? From recovery is simple.
Boot to recovery.
Select format sdcard
Wait
Profit.
Both twrp and cwm recoveries support this :/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
No, I think the OP asked how he can delete the sdext partition i.e. merge it with the original partition. I'm not sure if that can be done from the recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to aWFSuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
heavy_metal_man
Old
#10  
heavy_metal_man's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 703
Posts: 2,562
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWFSuser View Post
No, I think the OP asked how he can delete the sdext partition i.e. merge it with the original partition. I'm not sure if that can be done from the recovery.
A valid point, but I would still do a full format. after copying everything I needed over of course Both methods work

 
Devices
-> HTC wildfire (buzz)- currently testing all sorts.

-> HTC wildfire BEE
s-on HTC-dev unlocked
rom: my cooked rom
-> HTC sensation XE
Died a horrible overheating death
-> Nexus 7 32gb wifi
Bootloader unlocked
Rom: ParanoidAndroid 3.1
-> Htc desire s
xtc clip s-off/simunlocked/supercid
revolutionary hboot 7.00.1002
testing roms....

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes