Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

bricked i think........help

Tip us?
 
RUBZERK
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Unhappy bricked i think........help

not sure what to do but my s3 will not boot.

everytime i turn on the phone it goes to the yellow triangle.

i was rooted at one tome but lost it due to a ota update from Verizon. last night another update pushed and now the phone will not work.
 
RUBZERK
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2012
i just need to know how to get it back to factory.
 
twistedillutions
Old
#3  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 229
Posts: 2,000
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 209
Since u previously took the 4.3ML1 ota. And now vzn push the CNC1 or NC. I forgot the name. can just odin it back to ML1 puts it back to factory. Lock bootloader and unrooted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM
 
RUBZERK
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
Since u previously took the 4.3ML1 ota. And now vzn push the CNC1 or NC. I forgot the name. can just odin it back to ML1 puts it back to factory. Lock bootloader and unrooted

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
i tried flashing 2 different .tar files via odin.

the one below fails during odin
KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.t ar

the one below Passes on odin but keeps the yellow triangle of death
CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar
 
twistedillutions
Old
#5  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 229
Posts: 2,000
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
i tried flashing 2 different .tar files via odin.

the one below fails during odin
KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.t ar

the one below Passes on odin but keeps the yellow triangle of death
CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar
U need the ML1 .tar file
The mf1 file will not work and could brick ur fone. The other file is for rooting
After Odin ML1 file u can do limited amount of things
Root using saferoot
Use SAFESTRAP for recovery. 4.3 does not allow custom recovery nor aosp roms
And if u do decide to flash only flash 4.3 TW roms
And last thing is
Ur bootloader is permanently lock

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

LL_I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_2198062_REV09_user_low_ ship.tar.md5.7z
This is the file u need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM
 
RUBZERK
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
U need the ML1 .tar file
The mf1 file will not work and could brick ur fone. The other file is for rooting
After Odin ML1 file u can do limited amount of things
Root using saferoot
Use SAFESTRAP for recovery. 4.3 does not allow custom recovery nor aosp roms
And if u do decide to flash only flash 4.3 TW roms
And last thing is
Ur bootloader is permanently lock

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

LL_I535VRUCML1_I535VZWCML1_2198062_REV09_user_low_ ship.tar.md5.7z
This is the file u need.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

where can i find the ML1 file ?

im currently trying the file below
I535VRUCNC1_I535VZWCNC1_HOME.tar
 
twistedillutions
Old
#7  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 229
Posts: 2,000
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBZERK View Post
where can i find the ML1 file ?

im currently trying the file below
I535VRUCNC1_I535VZWCNC1_HOME.tar
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvr6tjxmyt...w_ship.tar.zip
Dropbox for u
Good thing i never deleted the file. I gave it to my bro

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM

The Following User Says Thank You to twistedillutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more