Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,746 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rom Suggestion for EVO 3D

Tip us?

semarat_21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rom Suggestion for EVO 3D

Which is the best Rom for s4 comparing by stability? I want to use cyanogenMod, which issues did you face when you install it?

Is there any way to install raw Android and open it as root permissions? I dont know what will happened with drivers ?...

freakified
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by semarat_21 View Post
Which is the best Rom for s4 comparing by stability? I want to use cyanogenMod, which issues did you face when you install it?

Is there any way to install raw Android and open it as root permissions? I dont know what will happened with drivers ?...
I recommend installing Dastin's HOOD POPE CM10.2 rom (it's up near the top of the development forum). Being Cyanogenmod, it works very similarly to stock Android. I've been running as a daily driver for the past couple weeks, and I've had no trouble with it.

T2000T2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
If you want Android 4.4 aka Kitkat, go for Loquid Smooth 3.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2638534

I am using it since 2 weeks and it runs surprisingly well. Its based on CM, but has a few more configuration options.

Keep in mind that you loose 3D camera once you go for a custom ROM > Android 4.0.3 because there are no drivers (yet)

glideless
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000T2000 View Post
If you want Android 4.4 aka Kitkat, go for Loquid Smooth 3.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2638534

I am using it since 2 weeks and it runs surprisingly well. Its based on CM, but has a few more configuration options.

Keep in mind that you loose 3D camera once you go for a custom ROM > Android 4.0.3 because there are no drivers (yet)
if you don't need 3D camera, you should upgrade to android 4.4. I'm currently using GSM version [ROM][HW-VSYNC] CyanogenMod 11.0 - KitKat 4.4.2 - 11-March - UNOFFICIAL, and i'm super happy with it. The only bad thing is bad battery life (still haven't manage to use it more than 1day), but everything else is just superb

bmccorkle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Who ever 'needed' a 3D camera?