FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

So my phone won't turn on.

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By thegazer000, Junior Member on 14th May 2014, 01:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
15th May 2014, 02:06 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So yeah. It's still blackish. "Water resistance". And the water still somehow leak into the screen.
 
 
15th May 2014, 02:33 AM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,683
 
More
So water got in? What color is the water indicator?

- White = No contact with water
- Pink/Red = Contact with water

Your warranty is also dead if it's pink/red.

Sent from my C6833
15th May 2014, 04:02 AM |#13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

So water got in? What color is the water indicator?

- White = No contact with water
- Pink/Red = Contact with water

Your warranty is also dead if it's pink/red.

Sent from my C6833

My water indicator is white. I brought it to my country Sony Center, They said the contact from screen to the machine is bad (?) They said that they must change the screen but they don't know if it'll work. I'm in a country that's different from where I bought the phone so I have to pay. A lot.
Will it be eligible if I send it back to where I bought it for warranty?
Last edited by thegazer000; 15th May 2014 at 04:08 AM.
15th May 2014, 01:40 PM |#14  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,683
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegazer000

My water indicator is white. I brought it to my country Sony Center, They said the contact from screen to the machine is bad (?) They said that they must change the screen but they don't know if it'll work. I'm in a country that's different from where I bought the phone so I have to pay. A lot.
Will it be eligible if I send it back to where I bought it for warranty?

Yeah, that should work just fine, but be aware that it might take awhile before you get it back. What country are you in, and where did you buy it?

Sent from my C6833
15th May 2014, 03:28 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Yeah, that should work just fine, but be aware that it might take awhile before you get it back. What country are you in, and where did you buy it?

Sent from my C6833

I'm living in Vietnam. I just talked to UK's Sony Customer Service and found out that my phone was built in italy and is eligible to go through repairs. I don't know if I have to pay for repairments or not but it should be free because it's the manufacturer's fault, not mine.
15th May 2014, 04:11 PM |#16  
donedos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 81
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegazer000

I'm living in Vietnam. I just talked to UK's Sony Customer Service and found out that my phone was built in italy and is eligible to go through repairs. I don't know if I have to pay for repairments or not but it should be free because it's the manufacturer's fault, not mine.

Read my post in Xperia tablet Z forum. I think it can be repaired through pc companion.make sure that it can be set in flash mode.

what i did was : i turned off my tabZ for 2days. Put inside the plastic container with 4 bags of desiccants.. After that, since i can boot it up occasionally, i repaired it through pc companion...hope it helps some of you guys..

see the link below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737758
16th May 2014, 12:15 PM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So Sony doesn't care about me nor my faulty device. They adviced me to just throw 200$ and fix it here rather than taking responsible and fixing my device from the UK. It's THEIR FAULT. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE A FAULTY DEVICE?

Here's the talk between me and the agent. I'm really mad atm.
http://pastebin.com/ZSCZUcsk
16th May 2014, 02:38 PM |#18  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,683
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegazer000

So Sony doesn't care about me nor my faulty device. They adviced me to just throw 200$ and fix it here rather than taking responsible and fixing my device from the UK. It's THEIR FAULT. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE A FAULTY DEVICE?

Here's the talk between me and the agent. I'm really mad atm.
http://pastebin.com/ZSCZUcsk

The agent did tell you the truth. You purchased your phone in the UK, so the warranty is valid in the UK, and not in Vietnam. They do not cover mailing it for free outside their area (which is logic), so you have to pay a regular fee to send it to the UK. By paying and sending it in a package through the regular mail, you should get some insurance too. I'm in Norway and whenever I send anything as a package (and pay), it's automatically insured for about $1000, so if it goes missing, they'll pay.

There's nothing unusual here. This is why you should think twice before you buy any electronics from a different country than yours, and you just had extremely bad luck this time around. Sony UK can't do anything because you're not located in the UK. It's not as straight forward as you like to think. You can either get it fixed in Vietnam or you can order the parts yourself and do it yourself. I would advice you to not do it yourself though.

Sent from my C6833
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes