Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

So my phone won't turn on.

OP thegazer000

15th May 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
So yeah. It's still blackish. "Water resistance". And the water still somehow leak into the screen.
15th May 2014, 02:33 AM   |  #12  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662

15,002 posts
More
So water got in? What color is the water indicator?

- White = No contact with water
- Pink/Red = Contact with water

Your warranty is also dead if it's pink/red.

Sent from my C6833
15th May 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

So water got in? What color is the water indicator?

- White = No contact with water
- Pink/Red = Contact with water

Your warranty is also dead if it's pink/red.

Sent from my C6833

My water indicator is white. I brought it to my country Sony Center, They said the contact from screen to the machine is bad (?) They said that they must change the screen but they don't know if it'll work. I'm in a country that's different from where I bought the phone so I have to pay. A lot.
Will it be eligible if I send it back to where I bought it for warranty?
Last edited by thegazer000; 15th May 2014 at 04:08 AM.
15th May 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #14  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegazer000

My water indicator is white. I brought it to my country Sony Center, They said the contact from screen to the machine is bad (?) They said that they must change the screen but they don't know if it'll work. I'm in a country that's different from where I bought the phone so I have to pay. A lot.
Will it be eligible if I send it back to where I bought it for warranty?

Yeah, that should work just fine, but be aware that it might take awhile before you get it back. What country are you in, and where did you buy it?

Sent from my C6833
15th May 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Yeah, that should work just fine, but be aware that it might take awhile before you get it back. What country are you in, and where did you buy it?

Sent from my C6833

I'm living in Vietnam. I just talked to UK's Sony Customer Service and found out that my phone was built in italy and is eligible to go through repairs. I don't know if I have to pay for repairments or not but it should be free because it's the manufacturer's fault, not mine.
15th May 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #16  
Flag Bacolod
Thanks Meter: 67

203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm living in Vietnam. I just talked to UK's Sony Customer Service and found out that my phone was built in italy and is eligible to go through repairs. I don't know if I have to pay for repairments or not but it should be free because it's the manufacturer's fault, not mine.

Read my post in Xperia tablet Z forum. I think it can be repaired through pc companion.make sure that it can be set in flash mode.

what i did was : i turned off my tabZ for 2days. Put inside the plastic container with 4 bags of desiccants.. After that, since i can boot it up occasionally, i repaired it through pc companion...hope it helps some of you guys..

see the link below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2737758
16th May 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
So Sony doesn't care about me nor my faulty device. They adviced me to just throw 200$ and fix it here rather than taking responsible and fixing my device from the UK. It's THEIR FAULT. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE A FAULTY DEVICE?

Here's the talk between me and the agent. I'm really mad atm.
http://pastebin.com/ZSCZUcsk
16th May 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #18  
Flag Kepler-34b

15,002 posts
More
Quote:

So Sony doesn't care about me nor my faulty device. They adviced me to just throw 200$ and fix it here rather than taking responsible and fixing my device from the UK. It's THEIR FAULT. WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN WHEN I HAVE A FAULTY DEVICE?

Here's the talk between me and the agent. I'm really mad atm.
http://pastebin.com/ZSCZUcsk

The agent did tell you the truth. You purchased your phone in the UK, so the warranty is valid in the UK, and not in Vietnam. They do not cover mailing it for free outside their area (which is logic), so you have to pay a regular fee to send it to the UK. By paying and sending it in a package through the regular mail, you should get some insurance too. I'm in Norway and whenever I send anything as a package (and pay), it's automatically insured for about $1000, so if it goes missing, they'll pay.

There's nothing unusual here. This is why you should think twice before you buy any electronics from a different country than yours, and you just had extremely bad luck this time around. Sony UK can't do anything because you're not located in the UK. It's not as straight forward as you like to think. You can either get it fixed in Vietnam or you can order the parts yourself and do it yourself. I would advice you to not do it yourself though.

Sent from my C6833

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread