Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Strange (dis)charging problem

Tip us?

zkvvoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question [Q] Strange (dis)charging problem

Hello,

For the past 4 days (and nights) my phone and its battery have been acting strange. Last night, for instance, when I put it to charge, the battery was at around 30%. This morning (9 hours later) when I woke up, the charging light was still on (red) and the battery was at 64%! I picked it up to check the news (while it was still being charged) and not 10 minutes later when I checked the battery had gone down to 60%! And it's been like this for 4 days.

I've got WakeLock detector and Greenify, but neither of them is of any use to show which process is keeping the CPU/screen on during charging. I've already restarted the phone a few times, got rid of the most recently installed programs, but nothing has changed.

Can anyone help me figure this one out, please?

nateboi81
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Are you using the proper charger?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zkvvoob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Yes, I've used the same ORIGINAL HTC charger for the past 4 months.

And I forgot to mention that, but I've been running Android Revolutions HD 53 for the same amount of time - with no problems whatsoever.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2704
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkvvoob View Post
Yes, I've used the same ORIGINAL HTC charger for the past 4 months.

And I forgot to mention that, but I've been running Android Revolutions HD 53 for the same amount of time - with no problems whatsoever.
I can't say about the charging problem, only that it doesn't sound good... maybe time to try a different charger and cable. I don't have any problems charging the phone.

But on the other hand, a few users including myself, have seen decreased battery life in the last couple of days (no changes in apps or phone usage), just a lot of Google Services wakelocks which weren't there before.
Last night I turned off Google Now (since I don't use it anyway) to see how it goes, and so far battery seems better... still testing though...

But again, I have no problems charging the phone, and 9hours to go from 30% to 64% doesn't sound right.
Tags
battery, drain