Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,453 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Out of commission M8 screen.

Tip us?

Razals
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post Out of commission M8 screen.

Hey All,

I'm really here to give a report about my HTC One (M8). I have had this phone about 24 days and it has ran perfectly until a couple of days ago. Before I go into the issue my phone is rooted and flashed with Venom Rom 1.5.0 and whatever updates associated with 1.5.0. (quick shout out to the Venom Team: Great job Venom Team). But a couple of days ago while I was using my phone my screen went completely dark, one could tell the backlight was illuminated but the screen did not render anything. The phone is fully functional; volume controls, power off/on, notifications and incoming calls, anything that you could control without needing a screen worked. I tried to hard boot but no luck, adb reboot bootloader command did not bring the screen back and adb devices rendered in my terminal window. Long story short, I called T-Mobile and I have a replacement phone on the way and it should be here by tomorrow. (I can't wait to get that Venom Rom on it) Has anyone heard of the M8 screen just going out of commission? I searched some on the web and I found a couple of other occurrences. Thanks.

Circledog
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had a similar experience with mine. One night the screen just randomly started flashing and strobing, it stayed that way for a couple days then it went completely black except for the status bar. I had gone to the T-Mobile store and showed them and they ordered a replacement, when I got home suddenly the screen started working perfectly again. Now I'm paranoid to send it in because it says tampered and relocked but has no visible issue anymore, I would hate to keep it and have that problem happen again, but would also hate to be charged or denied the replacement because I rooted and put a custom recovery on.