Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,025 Members 52,615 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Update fails probably because of fastboot failure - flash failure

Tip us?

trlindley
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Update fails probably because of fastboot failure - flash failure

I have had this problem since i rooted my phone and then attempted to install CM 10.3 on it only to learn that i had a LOCKED bootloader...

long story short i learned that you cannot unlock the bootloader once it has been locked. my NOOB method of installing all the OTA updates before attempting root backfired bigtime.

so when i put the phone in flash mode i could not load the CM10.3 so i have been using the key combinations to manually select normal boot for the past several months.

Now that there is an update i cannot get the phone to go through the update.

I am hoping there is a method to clear the fastboot bit so that it will run normally then i can again attempt the OTA update to kitkat.

HELP

cmh714
Old
Thanks Meter 16
What is the specific error you are getting.....Flash Failure or the Sticky Bit message......they are different

iBolski
Old
(Last edited by iBolski; 16th May 2014 at 04:54 PM.)
Thanks Meter 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlindley View Post
I have had this problem since i rooted my phone and then attempted to install CM 10.3 on it only to learn that i had a LOCKED bootloader...

long story short i learned that you cannot unlock the bootloader once it has been locked. my NOOB method of installing all the OTA updates before attempting root backfired bigtime.

so when i put the phone in flash mode i could not load the CM10.3 so i have been using the key combinations to manually select normal boot for the past several months.

Now that there is an update i cannot get the phone to go through the update.

I am hoping there is a method to clear the fastboot bit so that it will run normally then i can again attempt the OTA update to kitkat.

HELP
How can you install cm10.3? Is it a safestrap ROM? If so, then it shouldn't have done anything to hose you up. If it requires CWM or TWRP, then if you're bootloader is locked, it shouldn't have corrupted anything that an FXZ flash will fix.

Even with a locked bootloader, you can RSD flash back to the same version you had on stock or later. That should clear up your issue.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast