[Q] Update fails probably because of fastboot failure - flash failure

OP trlindley

16th May 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have had this problem since i rooted my phone and then attempted to install CM 10.3 on it only to learn that i had a LOCKED bootloader...

long story short i learned that you cannot unlock the bootloader once it has been locked. my NOOB method of installing all the OTA updates before attempting root backfired bigtime.

so when i put the phone in flash mode i could not load the CM10.3 so i have been using the key combinations to manually select normal boot for the past several months.

Now that there is an update i cannot get the phone to go through the update.

I am hoping there is a method to clear the fastboot bit so that it will run normally then i can again attempt the OTA update to kitkat.

HELP
16th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

83 posts
What is the specific error you are getting.....Flash Failure or the Sticky Bit message......they are different
16th May 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #3  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 448

1,368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlindley

I have had this problem since i rooted my phone and then attempted to install CM 10.3 on it only to learn that i had a LOCKED bootloader...

long story short i learned that you cannot unlock the bootloader once it has been locked. my NOOB method of installing all the OTA updates before attempting root backfired bigtime.

so when i put the phone in flash mode i could not load the CM10.3 so i have been using the key combinations to manually select normal boot for the past several months.

Now that there is an update i cannot get the phone to go through the update.

I am hoping there is a method to clear the fastboot bit so that it will run normally then i can again attempt the OTA update to kitkat.

HELP

How can you install cm10.3? Is it a safestrap ROM? If so, then it shouldn't have done anything to hose you up. If it requires CWM or TWRP, then if you're bootloader is locked, it shouldn't have corrupted anything that an FXZ flash will fix.

Even with a locked bootloader, you can RSD flash back to the same version you had on stock or later. That should clear up your issue.
Last edited by iBolski; 16th May 2014 at 04:54 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread