Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to i go to stock note 3 att rom from kit kat rom?

OP kingofall00

15th May 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Porterville
Thanks Meter: 4

171 posts
More
i went to kit kat when they first released it now i would like to install the stock rom so i can sell my phone. i have no back up ( my card took it with it when it died) is there any way i can flash stock rom from safe strap? if so any one have a link? thank you
15th May 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jefferson City
Thanks Meter: 13

91 posts
More
I'd like to know this, too. Updated to KK not knowing that downgrading was impossible. So now I need to find a new safety net in case I mess it up.
15th May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 18

87 posts
I'm not exactly sure where you are? Or what you're actually attemptong to do. But try this... IF you're NOT on "OFFICIAL" OTA KK 4.4.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715

If you are on the OTA 4.4.2 KK... Your stuck with it Till a bootloader "Break through"!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
16th May 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Dennis

I'm not exactly sure where you are? Or what you're actually attemptong to do. But try this... IF you're NOT on "OFFICIAL" OTA KK 4.4.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559715

If you are on the OTA 4.4.2 KK... Your stuck with it Till a bootloader "Break through"!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app

How can I tell if I'm on the "Official" or not?
16th May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 65

310 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldweasel

How can I tell if I'm on the "Official" or not?

Easiest way is to just check what version rom you are using. Unless you are using custom rom, it'll either be MLG for leaked version Kitkat or NC2 which is the official latest Kitkat. I think the OP was talking about the leaked version Kitkat which has the old (better) bootloader.

The latest NC2 has updated bootloader which make it impossible to downgrade or root.

If you are still on MLG and never updated your bootloader (by installing NC2), then you should be able to go back to MJ5 JellyBean. Everyone or most of us on official NC2 is stuck with this version and regretting taking the OTA update.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread