Ask a question

No registration required

Consolidation of apps

OP Einsteindks

14th May 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 78

290 posts
For kicks, I tried to integrate all system app updates into the ROM. It would seem all but two work, while retaining full functionality of those that are integrated. Touchless Control and Active Display won't work, as I can see, if their updates are integrated. Some apps were faulty after integration, and needed to be uninstalled, installed from the Market, and converted to a system app...with data restored afterwards. Titanium Backup and SafeStrap RULES!!!! There is still 850Mb left in the system, so next is to drop a few 'normal' solid apps into the system. I've been advised to not integrate any launchers. Cool. It pretty much goes without saying that I do have a clean backup of the Stock system partition. I'll let things simmer first, to see whether everything can survive as a daily ROM.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.
14th May 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #2  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 1,908

3,021 posts
More
Your fat fingers posted this is the wrong section

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app
14th May 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sivakasi
Thanks Meter: 25

143 posts
More
@OP

Sir, how do you found out the free space in system partition????
15th May 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

290 posts
Titanium Backup report on its main screen.

15th May 2014, 09:10 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sivakasi

143 posts
More
^^^^^
OH, Thanks... I have not seen this till date...
15th May 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

290 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar

Your fat fingers posted this is the wrong section

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Free mobile app

I took a stab at it...didn't seem 'general', and wasn't a 'question'.

15th May 2014, 10:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 41

147 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsteindks

I took a stab at it...didn't seem 'general', and wasn't a 'question'.

And it's definitely not "Original Android Development" as it lacks the "development" part in addition to "original" - it's general.
16th May 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Sivakasi

143 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einsteindks

Titanium Backup report on its main screen.

I want to inform one thing... Please don't go on add things to system (using TiBackupPro) to save Internal storage, as I think the report in start screen is either not accurate or there will be some issues if we keep on converting apps to system-apps.

In my case, TiBackup shows 1.5GB system storage FREE. I have added some 500+MB of normal apps to system. Later my phone became unstable. When I restarted it, it just bootloops...

I now have to restore stock by rsdlite. I took the risk since my MAXX's BL is unlocked. I am teling this from my experience...
16th May 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

290 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagadeepan

I want to inform one thing... Please don't go on add things to system (using TiBackupPro) to save Internal storage, as I think the report in start screen is either not accurate or there will be some issues if we keep on converting apps to system-apps.

In my case, TiBackup shows 1.5GB system storage FREE. I have added some 500+MB of normal apps to system. Later my phone became unstable. When I restarted it, it just bootloops...

I now have to restore stock by rsdlite. I took the risk since my MAXX's BL is unlocked. I am teling this from my experience...

Good to know! Yeah, it was looking like not many apps I would've trusted as predictably stable enough to trust as a system convert. Ridiculous waste of space. I don't think I'll be going back to stock. I opened up some space, that's enough. ART may be fun to check out later, hadn't any problems in stock format.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread