Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Galaxy S4 mini (intl) LTE I9515 multiple Problems after M6 and newer Nightly'

OP Jorval

16th May 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Preface:
I use CM11 now for serval Month and was very happy with it. From time to time i installed a newer nightly and then M5.
Everything was quite stable and the only annoyning thing was the missing app2sd function (more on that later!)

M6 was released and i decided to update my phone. After the update my Phone reboots from time to time. Sometimes 4 times a day sometimes it worked the whole day without a reboot.
I also had the feeling the battery drained more then before. Next Step was update to a newer nightly (2014-05-12) this fixes the reboots! Unfortunally it came up with new problems. Now i don't have notifications and can't access the fastswitches?
The hardwaremenubutton doesn't work in apps anymore but wakes the screen when phone is in standby. Positive sideeffect: Battery now has really longlife (4 days 25% remaining!)

Good but i like to have the originally functions back even if it drains more battery.
Somebody hints for me what to do next?

Iv'e installed M6 again but behavior still is the same.

complete wipe data/cache ?
revert back to M5 ?

dumb me didn't made a backup-2-sd before the initial M6 upgrade!!!

Ohh app2sd Problem i mentioned earlier. Since CM11 there is no App2SD anymore i understand that this is not really a bug it's differently handled in Andriod 4.4+
I read about it on XDA and that with linking the SD Card still can be used by Apps as a example they took GMusic. It has an additional /data/ folder on the sdcard, the app recognizes this and you can store your downloaded googlemusic on the sdcard.
I've checked this with ES Explorer /sdcard/Andriod/data/com.google.android.music/files is empty and /external_sd/Android/data/com.google.android.music/files is filled with my music folder.
My Problem is that Android or CM11 still counts the 5GB to the internal space left, means installing new Apps is impossible because the 5GB music is counted.
Somebody an advice how i can fix this? Another kernel with the old app2sd functionally around?

Thanks a lot for all of your or any answers!
cheers jorval

(posted in CM & XDA Boards)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread