ODEX 4.4.2 Kitkat

Search This thread

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
I just wanted to tips you guys running 4.4.2 kitkat custom DEODEX rom about this.

"Would you like to speed up your rom, more stability, more battery life, no lag to open system app and better ram utilization? Now you can! (Only For Rooted Phone And Deodexed Rom)"

"What is ODEX and DEODEX?
In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These odex files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applicationsdifficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.
THEN COMES DEODEX
Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating theworry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.
In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity."

"Another explanation is this:
If you odex the rom, you'll have also more space in data (this is important because if you don't have partition ext4 in sdcard, you won't have too free space), increase battery life, more stability and increase perfomance( the Rom is more faster to load system and app) but you can't modifie apk after odex (you can't mod program with classes.dex).
Infact ODEX is an OPTIMIZED-DEX and Android load system and app faster than deodexed (DEOPTIMIZED-DEX) app and system.
When you have a deodex file (a lot of roms are deodexed) you have File.apk in system/app and in data/dalvik-cache/system@app@File.apk@classes.dex, but with odex file you have File.apk in system/app and File.odex in system/app"

Big thanks and all creed go to @MatrixDJ96 and the crew :good:
Go to the orginal topic and download to find out more: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527268

How to do Info

1 Go to the orginal topic
2 Post #5
3 Download OdexerTool_1.2_ARMEABI.zip
4 flash in recovery
5 open terminal (installed automatic)
6 type su and grant super su.
7 type odex
8 type all to ODEX all :)

Edit: If you get error on every apk/jar, type this line (right after you type su) mount -o rw,remount /system

Last edited:

geekynoob

Sep 25, 2011
New Delhi
Hi robalm..
How are you doing mate..

Just wanted to ask as I have tried both the file systems personally..
Do you find considerable difference while using them..
To me it all seems to be more of a placebo..
:)

Shot from my Kitkat'ized Note 2 using xda premium app..

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
Hi robalm..
How are you doing mate..

Just wanted to ask as I have tried both the file systems personally..
Do you find considerable difference while using them..
To me it all seems to be more of a placebo..
:)

Shot from my Kitkat'ized Note 2 using xda premium app..

Hi old-timer :) I'm good thanks for asking. And you?

It have some notable speed differance in launching apps etc, its not huge but its there for sure.

vagsvag

Nov 17, 2009
Athens
Samsung Galaxy Note II
i9100
Where did it failed?

Installed correctly supersu looks ok failed everywhere, i tried all and one by one, probably is the rom I don't know. I didn't let it to finish started fail fail etc and cut it at all first and when tried one by one the 3 other choices it did the same too. This rom had problem with supersu and I fixed it installing supersu update 1.94, maybe is this I don't know. At supersu application terminal has supersu permissions also when running the script looks that it has supersu permissions. Other apps like mobile odin pro titanium backup etc which need supersu working normally.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dennis.se.foon

Aug 15, 2012
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
My phone has about 180 meg free memory on /system. I'm running DN3 V5. Problem is that the odex script runs out of memory, with about half of the apps not odexed.

This resulted in a number of fc's on various system apps, even after I cleared cache and dalvic. I had to reflash DN3 to restore... ?

Sent from my very own Galaxy

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
My phone has about 180 meg free memory on /system. I'm running DN3 V5. Problem is that the odex script runs out of memory, with about half of the apps not odexed.

This resulted in a number of fc's on various system apps, even after I cleared cache and dalvic. I had to reflash DN3 to restore... ?

Sent from my very own Galaxy

Ok remove some system apps you dont need and go (if you like to try on your new flash)

fy168

Jul 17, 2010
How did you enable ART runtime?

From developer options.. if you cant see developer options in your setting... then go to about phone, built number,, and tap on build number multiple times.. to enable developer options.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
From developer options.. if you cant see developer options in your setting... then go to about phone, built number,, and tap on build number multiple times.. to enable developer options.

I know how to enable dev option ;) but there is no option on runtime.
Are you using a custum rom?

Reactions: Taxi341

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wanted to tips you guys running 4.4.2 kitkat custom DEODEX rom about this.

"Would you like to speed up your rom, more stability, more battery life, no lag to open system app and better ram utilization? Now you can! (Only For Rooted Phone And Deodexed Rom)"

"What is ODEX and DEODEX?
    In Android file system, applications come in packages with the extension .apk. These application packages, or APKs contain certain .odex files whose supposed function is to save space. These odex files are actually collections of parts of an application that are optimized before booting. Doing so speeds up the boot process, as it preloads part of an application. On the other hand, it also makes hacking those applicationsdifficult because a part of the coding has already been extracted to another location before execution.
    THEN COMES DEODEX
    Deodexing is basically repackaging of these APKs in a certain way, such that they are reassembled into classes.dex files. By doing that, all pieces of an application package are put together back in one place, thus eliminating theworry of a modified APK conflicting with some separate odexed parts.
    In summary, Deodexed ROMs (or APKs) have all their application packages put back together in one place, allowing for easy modification such as theming. Since no pieces of code are coming from any external location, custom ROMs or APKs are always deodexed to ensure integrity."

"Another explanation is this:
    If you odex the rom, you'll have also more space in data (this is important because if you don't have partition ext4 in sdcard, you won't have too free space), increase battery life, more stability and increase perfomance( the Rom is more faster to load system and app) but you can't modifie apk after odex (you can't mod program with classes.dex).
    Infact ODEX is an OPTIMIZED-DEX and Android load system and app faster than deodexed (DEOPTIMIZED-DEX) app and system.
    When you have a deodex file (a lot of roms are deodexed) you have File.apk in system/app and in data/dalvik-cache/system@app@File.apk@classes.dex, but with odex file you have File.apk in system/app and File.odex in system/app"

Big thanks and all creed go to @MatrixDJ96 and the crew :good:
    Go to the orginal topic and download to find out more: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2527268

How to do Info

1 Go to the orginal topic
    2 Post #5
    3 Download OdexerTool_1.2_ARMEABI.zip
    4 flash in recovery
    5 open terminal (installed automatic)
    6 type su and grant super su.
    7 type odex
    8 type all to ODEX all :)

Edit: If you get error on every apk/jar, type this line (right after you type su) mount -o rw,remount /system
    Thanks 4 this, anyone tried it?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Tested and working on Omega v27 and DN3 v5 from e-team. :good:

Edit: works with SupremeKATv1.0 also :)
    anyone tested ART on this set up ?

Yes, i m running ART after odexing ROM.. most of apps are running fine except for those not for ART

I know how to enable dev option ;) but there is no option on runtime.
    Are you using a custum rom?
    ROM Cm11, Devil 3.4 kernel

Aha :)