XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more

wifi calling issue

24th April 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 65

723 posts
More
I cannot get this to work at all is anyone else having issues. all it does is say dialing and then just disconnects
24th April 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Haverhill MA
Thanks Meter: 829

2,879 posts
More
WiFi calling has always been an issue for me regardless of device.. So yeah I had this issue usually a reboot should fix it..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
12th May 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #3  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc

I cannot get this to work at all is anyone else having issues. all it does is say dialing and then just disconnects

Yes I'm experiencing this constantly. I'm also getting very poor wifi calling quality and incoming calls are not working most of the time. WiFi calling is horrible
14th May 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 6

67 posts
More
On mine, wifi calling actually sounds better than cell calling. However, every once in a while, the other person sounds remarkably like Max Headroom.
14th May 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 435

2,163 posts
Those having problems probably have a WiFi connection with instability. A person can have 50 mbps but if the quality is below 70 percent then your WiFi calling will be horrible. Dodd doesn't matter. Efficiency does. I've been through this. Trust me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

http://www.myconnectionserver.com/voip.html

16th May 2014, 03:28 PM   |  #6  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII

Those having problems probably have a WiFi connection with instability. A person can have 50 mbps but if the quality is below 70 percent then your WiFi calling will be horrible. Dodd doesn't matter. Efficiency does. I've been through this. Trust me.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

http://www.myconnectionserver.com/voip.html

I'm not sure how this would be the case as my SG3 wifi calling sounds clear with no issues, while my M8 call quality is horrible, always breaks into static and does the stuttering/repeating issue constantly. None of which happens on my SG3

I also have huge issue with dropped calls on WiFi and losing wifi calling while still connected to my router, SMS/MMS not sending while on the device... etc. Honestly the phone is not useable on WiFi calling, it is way to unreliable.

Also for some reason my phone likes to just drop T-Mobile signal when I'm connected to WiFi, which is very annoying.
16th May 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 435

2,163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly

I'm not sure how this would be the case as my SG3 wifi calling sounds clear with no issues, while my M8 call quality is horrible, always breaks into static and does the stuttering/repeating issue constantly. None of which happens on my SG3

I also have huge issue with dropped calls on WiFi and losing wifi calling while still connected to my router, SMS/MMS not sending while on the device... etc. Honestly the phone is not useable on WiFi calling, it is way to unreliable.

Also for some reason my phone likes to just drop T-Mobile signal when I'm connected to WiFi, which is very annoying.

It's probably a problem with the phone and the router. The one m8 has AC WiFi and trust me it's the best. Your older sgs3 has the older WiFi so maybe it's more compatible with your router. This of course is just a hypothesis. My WiFi connection has greatly improved with the use of the HTC one m8.

16th May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 33

213 posts
I've had no issue with wifi calling on my M8. On my Note 3 it wouldn't ring when someone called me but my M8 has no issue. It even works in my office at work which my Note 3 never did. Check your wifi settings. Search around Google, there are posts with which ports to open and all that jazz.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread