Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 43,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi calling issue

Tip us?

drksilenc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 65
Default wifi calling issue

I cannot get this to work at all is anyone else having issues. all it does is say dialing and then just disconnects

shook187
Old
Thanks Meter 829
WiFi calling has always been an issue for me regardless of device.. So yeah I had this issue usually a reboot should fix it..

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dredly
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
I cannot get this to work at all is anyone else having issues. all it does is say dialing and then just disconnects
Yes I'm experiencing this constantly. I'm also getting very poor wifi calling quality and incoming calls are not working most of the time. WiFi calling is horrible

snowkilts
Old
Thanks Meter 6
On mine, wifi calling actually sounds better than cell calling. However, every once in a while, the other person sounds remarkably like Max Headroom.
Current: HTC One M8, S-Off, Venom ROM

Retired: HTC One X; HTC Pure (Topaz); Cingular 8525 (Tytn); Palm M505

treIII
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Those having problems probably have a WiFi connection with instability. A person can have 50 mbps but if the quality is below 70 percent then your WiFi calling will be horrible. Dodd doesn't matter. Efficiency does. I've been through this. Trust me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

http://www.myconnectionserver.com/voip.html

Dredly
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by treIII View Post
Those having problems probably have a WiFi connection with instability. A person can have 50 mbps but if the quality is below 70 percent then your WiFi calling will be horrible. Dodd doesn't matter. Efficiency does. I've been through this. Trust me.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

http://www.myconnectionserver.com/voip.html

I'm not sure how this would be the case as my SG3 wifi calling sounds clear with no issues, while my M8 call quality is horrible, always breaks into static and does the stuttering/repeating issue constantly. None of which happens on my SG3

I also have huge issue with dropped calls on WiFi and losing wifi calling while still connected to my router, SMS/MMS not sending while on the device... etc. Honestly the phone is not useable on WiFi calling, it is way to unreliable.

Also for some reason my phone likes to just drop T-Mobile signal when I'm connected to WiFi, which is very annoying.

treIII
Old
Thanks Meter 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
I'm not sure how this would be the case as my SG3 wifi calling sounds clear with no issues, while my M8 call quality is horrible, always breaks into static and does the stuttering/repeating issue constantly. None of which happens on my SG3

I also have huge issue with dropped calls on WiFi and losing wifi calling while still connected to my router, SMS/MMS not sending while on the device... etc. Honestly the phone is not useable on WiFi calling, it is way to unreliable.

Also for some reason my phone likes to just drop T-Mobile signal when I'm connected to WiFi, which is very annoying.
It's probably a problem with the phone and the router. The one m8 has AC WiFi and trust me it's the best. Your older sgs3 has the older WiFi so maybe it's more compatible with your router. This of course is just a hypothesis. My WiFi connection has greatly improved with the use of the HTC one m8.

johnomaz
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I've had no issue with wifi calling on my M8. On my Note 3 it wouldn't ring when someone called me but my M8 has no issue. It even works in my office at work which my Note 3 never did. Check your wifi settings. Search around Google, there are posts with which ports to open and all that jazz.