Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My buttons dont work (not keyboard)

Tip us?

Archangel22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default My buttons dont work (not keyboard)

The front face buttons dont work, just under the touch screen, the home button, settings, back, go and enter button, right at the bottom of the base. not the slide out keyboard. I have rebooted the phone several times, if I slide out the keyboard I cant use the buttons under the screen. yet my slide out keyboard buttons work just fine. i hope its not dead and its time for a new phone because I only like phones with keyboards, I hate touch screen keys. Do I have to buy a replacement part and is it hard to repair yourself?

Archangel22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
If it helps anyone I also noticed that the center or enter key is red but if you look closely at it, its always on it just wont turn off like it used too, and now Im getting prompts that read superuser has been denied. I dont understand why I havent done anything or updated anything. not sure if I should flash the rom again and start over its been working fine the last 8 or so months all of a sudden its been acting up today

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,751
There is a small ribbon that connects those buttons, more than likely this is all you need to replace and you should find it for 10$ or less on eBay
Disassembly is easy except for getting to the LCD (which you need to do) just need a hair dryer to loosen the sticky on the back of LCD and be careful taking it off so not to damage LCD, the rest is simple
Best of luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joel.maxuel
Old
Thanks Meter 57
There is this guide as well:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1586028
Cheers,
Joel Maxuel

Phone: LG Optimus F3Q (D520), stock rooted, CWM, Xposed, GravityBox
Phone: HTC MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot), S-Off, running CyanogenMod 10.1
Tablet: Asus MeMO Pad 8 (ME180A), stock rooted
Retired: Samsung Infuse 4G (i997R) running CarbonROM 4.4.4

Something prove useful? Don't forget to press that little (Thanks) button.