Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Installing 4.4 (without update)

OP M.HASHIM.TARIQ

23rd April 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hello guys i am new here and this is my first post/thread
actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-23-12-34-24.png
Views:	34
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2703338  
Last edited by M.HASHIM.TARIQ; 23rd April 2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: pic attached
23rd April 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 6

54 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.HASHIM.TARIQ

actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )

you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...
23rd April 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 13

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It first needs to be rooted. The easiest way I found to root it is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276
You can then install a custom recovery using Odin or any alternatives, or look for a way to install a .zip from within the phone (I can help with that once you root it and find a ROM.

After some "Googling", I found some ROMs and many guides on YouTube, but none was for the 4.4 KitKat.
The Following User Says Thank You to AAbounegm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhgurav

you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...

Root doesn't magically give you access to updates that have never come out.

OP: There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.
23rd April 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cairo

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cloud Search
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.

It shows in the screenshot that it is QMobile A7. I searched a lot but didn't find any KitKat based ROM (stock or custom). The latest I found is 4.1.2, and they are very unknown and I don't recommend trying them.
23rd April 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbounegm

It shows in the screenshot that it is QMobile A7. I searched a lot but didn't find any KitKat based ROM (stock or custom). The latest I found is 4.1.2, and they are very unknown and I don't recommend trying them.

LoL Sure does say it right there. Looked right past it. But yea, no Kit Kat love for that thing.
16th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
well i have tried rooting but don't know about rooting i install app (root checker basic) and it says ( this device does not have proper root access )
so is there any way to deal with it ?
i have one more mobile and that is a4 but its way slower than a7
a4 spec is
processor = 1 ghz
ram = 256mb
rom = 128mb
os = andriod 2.3
i guess a4 need 4.4 badly :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-16-19-29-33.png
Views:	6
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	2747044  
Last edited by M.HASHIM.TARIQ; 16th May 2014 at 04:39 PM.
16th May 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #8  
Flag Cairo

59 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

well i have tried rooting but don't know about rooting i install app (root checker basic) and it says ( this device does not have proper root access )
so is there any way to deal with it ?

This app doesn't root, it only checks if the phone is rooted.
For help rooting your device, I suggest seeing this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2332768

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread