Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,029 Members 42,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Installing 4.4 (without update)

Tip us?

M.HASHIM.TARIQ
Old
(Last edited by M.HASHIM.TARIQ; 23rd April 2014 at 08:56 AM.) Reason: pic attached
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Installing 4.4 (without update)

hello guys i am new here and this is my first post/thread
actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-23-12-34-24.png
Views:	34
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	2703338  

saurabhgurav
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.HASHIM.TARIQ View Post
actually i want to install android 4.4 on my mobile its a local device know as (q mobile in Pakistan)and my phone in on 4.1.1
the reason i want to install 4.4 is because it uses less ram and(mobile ram is 512mb )

you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...

AAbounegm
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It first needs to be rooted. The easiest way I found to root it is this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps...-root-t2130276
You can then install a custom recovery using Odin or any alternatives, or look for a way to install a .zip from within the phone (I can help with that once you root it and find a ROM.

After some "Googling", I found some ROMs and many guides on YouTube, but none was for the 4.4 KitKat.
The Following User Says Thank You to AAbounegm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhgurav View Post
you need to root first if your manufacturer does not provide any update then u can update to 4.4 through recovery...
Root doesn't magically give you access to updates that have never come out.

OP: There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

AAbounegm
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
There's a good chance there is no version of 4.4 (stock or custom) for your phone, but without knowing WHICH Q Mobile phone you have, no one can tell you what is available for it.
It shows in the screenshot that it is QMobile A7. I searched a lot but didn't find any KitKat based ROM (stock or custom). The latest I found is 4.1.2, and they are very unknown and I don't recommend trying them.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAbounegm View Post
It shows in the screenshot that it is QMobile A7. I searched a lot but didn't find any KitKat based ROM (stock or custom). The latest I found is 4.1.2, and they are very unknown and I don't recommend trying them.
LoL Sure does say it right there. Looked right past it. But yea, no Kit Kat love for that thing.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

M.HASHIM.TARIQ
Old
(Last edited by M.HASHIM.TARIQ; 16th May 2014 at 03:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well i have tried rooting but don't know about rooting i install app (root checker basic) and it says ( this device does not have proper root access )
so is there any way to deal with it ?
i have one more mobile and that is a4 but its way slower than a7
a4 spec is
processor = 1 ghz
ram = 256mb
rom = 128mb
os = andriod 2.3
i guess a4 need 4.4 badly :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-16-19-29-33.png
Views:	6
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	2747044  

AAbounegm
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
well i have tried rooting but don't know about rooting i install app (root checker basic) and it says ( this device does not have proper root access )
so is there any way to deal with it ?
This app doesn't root, it only checks if the phone is rooted.
For help rooting your device, I suggest seeing this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2332768