OP sway8966

16th May 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 13

60 posts
More
Dear All,
A year ago, I bought the AT&T S4 SGH-I337. The android version was 4.2.2. Before I activated the phone, I rooted with motor chopper. The phone came with MDL baseband and modem. Before the MF3 OTA, I flashed the Clear Rom 1.0. Later I upgrade it to Clear Rom 1.5. The phone stays at MDL.

A year later, I want to upgrade to Kit kat so I flashed Golden Eye 29. Wifi and phone works fine. Except the occasional application freezed up in some app the phone was fine.

Today, I flashed Golden Eye 30. My baseband and modem still at MDL.

My question being... Should I upgrade my baseband and modem to the new version or just stay at MDL.
If I should upgrade my baseband and modem which version do you suggest?
Thanks in advanced,
Andrew
16th May 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

61 posts
Stay on AMF. It's the only one where you can install loki and flash any roms to your hearts content! Otherwise you won't be able to install non TouchWiz roms.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to AxlxA For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 652

1,311 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway8966

Dear All,
A year ago, I bought the AT&T S4 SGH-I337. The android version was 4.2.2. Before I activated the phone, I rooted with motor chopper. The phone came with MDL baseband and modem. Before the MF3 OTA, I flashed the Clear Rom 1.0. Later I upgrade it to Clear Rom 1.5. The phone stays at MDL.

A year later, I want to upgrade to Kit kat so I flashed Golden Eye 29. Wifi and phone works fine. Except the occasional application freezed up in some app the phone was fine.

Today, I flashed Golden Eye 30. My baseband and modem still at MDL.

My question being... Should I upgrade my baseband and modem to the new version or just stay at MDL.
If I should upgrade my baseband and modem which version do you suggest?
Thanks in advanced,
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlxA

Stay on AMF. It's the only one where you can install loki and flash any roms to your hearts content! Otherwise you won't be able to install non TouchWiz roms.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Updating the modem alone using the recovery flashable zips won't upgrade the bootloader, so that's not an issue. Just don't try to use ODIN packages to do it. You can experiment and see which modem works best. The thread for them is in the general section.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread