Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,750 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update 4.4.2 broke my Bluetooth connection for my Car

Tip us?

jskup
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseh92 View Post
It's always connected as hands-free.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
I understand that Handsfree is the goal. If you disable Handsfree on your phone, and attempt to connect as only an audio device, is it successful?

Just trying to help debug things. The only Mercedes that I can use as a reference is an older model. I have successfully used my 4.4.2 phone with several vehicles, so I'd like to get a handle on where the problem is to help offer a solution.

asawadude
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I may have fixed my problems - I've had bluetooth working in my car (2012 BMW I-Drive Nav) for the past 2 days, My HTC One with 4.4.2 OTA pairs as soon as I start my car, my contact list loads up within 3 minutes, my inbound and outbound call history appears, and my emails are copied to my car for voice translation.

i think the problem was duplicate google contacts. For some reason, I had 2-3 duplicates of all my goggle contacts on my cellphone, all probably caused by failed sync sessions. I looked at my linked contacts setting under the contact list menu and manually deleted 344 duplicate google entries from my cell phone. I took the phone back to my car, started it up, and to my surprise, the contact list loaded up quickly.

Previously, my bluetooth would pair with my car, but would unpair after 5 minutes while trying to download my contacts. It would disconnect after 1 minutes while in a call but also while trying to download my contacts. Now that it's able to download my smaller contact list successfully, it stays paired and I have not had any disconnects while in conversation.

Hopefully, it stays fixed. If it doesn't, then my next step is to delete my Facebook and Linked In contacts which I really don't need. Give this a try. Perhaps it will work for you as it did for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to asawadude For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joseh92
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by asawadude View Post
I may have fixed my problems - I've had bluetooth working in my car (2012 BMW I-Drive Nav) for the past 2 days, My HTC One with 4.4.2 OTA pairs as soon as I start my car, my contact list loads up within 3 minutes, my inbound and outbound call history appears, and my emails are copied to my car for voice translation.

i think the problem was duplicate google contacts. For some reason, I had 2-3 duplicates of all my goggle contacts on my cellphone, all probably caused by failed sync sessions. I looked at my linked contacts setting under the contact list menu and manually deleted 344 duplicate google entries from my cell phone. I took the phone back to my car, started it up, and to my surprise, the contact list loaded up quickly.

Previously, my bluetooth would pair with my car, but would unpair after 5 minutes while trying to download my contacts. It would disconnect after 1 minutes while in a call but also while trying to download my contacts. Now that it's able to download my smaller contact list successfully, it stays paired and I have not had any disconnects while in conversation.

Hopefully, it stays fixed. If it doesn't, then my next step is to delete my Facebook and Linked In contacts which I really don't need. Give this a try. Perhaps it will work for you as it did for me.
Million thanks! It finally works . I never thought the contacts would be the issue, I cleaned up my contacts and removed Facebook sync and after a few hours it's been connected without any issues. Thanks!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
My Phone: Sprint Blue Galaxy S3

Rom: AOKP(Jellybean) Task & Ktoonsez Run a Train (9/23)

Overclocked to 1.8 Ghz!

Best Phone i have ever owned, great battery life!

asawadude
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm on my 3rd day with a reduced contact list and so far, no new issues. Now all I need to do is find an app that does a better job of managing my contact list. HTC Sense makes it very easy to add and accumulate in my contact list, but cleaning it it out and keeping it clean is a painstaking process.

jskup
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Glad that fixed it!

dawolverune
Old
Thanks Meter 3
crap! this solution also worked on my galaxy note 2.