Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,560 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TMobile NOTE 3 - BAD IMEI works on Tmobile?

Tip us?

kweese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question TMobile NOTE 3 - BAD IMEI works on Tmobile?

I'm a Canadian (Rogers) customer. I just picked up my TMobile (bad IMEI) Note 3, that I purchased off EBay, hoping to unlock it and use it on the Rogers Network back at home. I was told that the IMEI is bad. I'm staying here (USA) for a few days so I bought a TMobile Pay as you Go Sim for my Unlocked S4. Experimentally, I slipped the SIM card into the NOTE 3 that was supposed to have BAD IMEI, and it works!!! Is it supposed to? It's on 4.4.2, now i'm hearing its not unlockable.. true??? HELP HELP HELP!!

Rickdaddy
Old
Thanks Meter 24
It's not supposed to. Keep using it and see what happens and report back to us

bp328i
Old
Thanks Meter 463
This worked to unlock mine. I'm on T - Mobile and I'm no longer carrier locked.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...regionlockaway

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Riswthefalln
Old
(Last edited by Riswthefalln; 15th May 2014 at 03:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
samething happened with me. Have you checked the imei with the imei checkers online? I Traded phones it was clean at the time. I unlocked it then used with att. tmobile blocked it 1 month later and i've been using it on att for the past year. you should be fine till you put your rogers in.

ultraprimeomega
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweese View Post
I'm a Canadian (Rogers) customer. I just picked up my TMobile (bad IMEI) Note 3, that I purchased off EBay, hoping to unlock it and use it on the Rogers Network back at home. I was told that the IMEI is bad. I'm staying here (USA) for a few days so I bought a TMobile Pay as you Go Sim for my Unlocked S4. Experimentally, I slipped the SIM card into the NOTE 3 that was supposed to have BAD IMEI, and it works!!! Is it supposed to? It's on 4.4.2, now i'm hearing its not unlockable.. true??? HELP HELP HELP!!
Try checking the imei on T-Mobile USA website it should tell you if bad, swappa lags behind on status. If it is bad it will probably take a month or or more to actually register on the network and get flagged
Devices
Samsung Note 3 T-Mobile
HTC Dell Axim x51v - WM6.1 sleeping until it gets charged
Dell Axim WM6.x x50v, x51v, x50, x51 SDHC and other cards Support Thread
All hail Megatron!