Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Nexus 7 rootverification

OP jamsit

13th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
... not sure I actually rooted ( v 1.82)my Nexus 7 v2012 tablet... I get the 'unlock' icon on start, but still must 'slide' the lock on next screen to open ... also, didn't get hashtag or busy box icons/apps .. also, my two pages of apps returned as they were before 'rooting'. however, in Settings-Apps-All, I find more app icons (how do I open them?), including many with the green droid icon?? what do I do now?? am I rooted?? should I just repeat the procedure??
15th May 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,853

13,345 posts
More
There's root checker apps on the play store.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Nexus 7 Root Verification
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

There's root checker apps on the play store.

... tx for the info... tried Root Checker & found I'm not rooted, even tho it appears to be (re. original question)... can I simply re-root from scratch?? tx...
15th May 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

13,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsit

... tx for the info... tried Root Checker & found I'm not rooted, even tho it appears to be (re. original question)... can I simply re-root from scratch?? tx...

Yup, try that. Just follow each step to the letter. If you get any errors, write them down and post here.
16th May 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Root Verification
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112

Yup, try that. Just follow each step to the letter. If you get any errors, write them down and post here.

... tried to root again... after a number of re-tries/re-roots & a number of recoveries from 'Droid-on-its-back with a red triangle/exclamation inside', I finally have a rooted Nexus 7.... NOTE: I don't have BusyBox installed... is it required? tx again for your help...
16th May 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

13,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsit

... tried to root again... after a number of re-tries/re-roots & a number of recoveries from 'Droid-on-its-back with a red triangle/exclamation inside', I finally have a rooted Nexus 7.... NOTE: I don't have BusyBox installed... is it required? tx again for your help...

Awesome!!

I've never installed busy box myself....its installed with the ROM, or not needed.....I think I did install it once, cause an app told me I needed it.

I wouldn't worry unless you get a message saying you need it , or have issues.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread